Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail international shipping

Hi everybody

I have two packages on their way to me, in Denmark, sent from the UK. One was posted 15/4 and the other 20/4. None of them have arrived yet.

Both of them have tracking numbers but these have not been updated since the packages where sent out. Both of them say ''YOUR ITEM IS BEING PREPARED FOR DISPATCH ABROAD''. I repeat, the first of these packages have looked like this for 15 days now!

Have anyone tried anything like this? Importing airsoft guns to Denmark is totally legal and we have no UKARA registration to cause problems.

I have recently sent four packages to the UK from Denmark. They all reached their destination in under a week with no hassle.

Re: Royal Mail international shipping

I have actually a package in similar status from 16/3 !!
    I asked the seller to file a claim!! I still haven't received anything nor the seller has an answer!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
    WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Two weeks seems a little too long to me. Both from the same seller?

Comment

try using track-trace.com instead. You can check if it has been accepted by your local mail service and tracks foreign countries too. I use it whenever I order from HK or anywhere like that to track if it left HK ok.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfgeorge View Post
          I have actually a package in similar status from 16/3 !!
          I asked the seller to file a claim!! I still haven't received anything nor the seller has an answer!
          Wolf
          Wow, a month and a half! I sure hope I don't have to wait that long. I must admit I'm getting pretty nervous though.

Originally posted by PeteJC21 View Post
          Two weeks seems a little too long to me. Both from the same seller?
          Nope, they're from two different sellers. Both have lots of positive feedback.

Originally posted by aribos View Post
          try using track-trace.com instead. You can check if it has been accepted by your local mail service and tracks foreign countries too. I use it whenever I order from HK or anywhere like that to track if it left HK ok.
          Just tried that. It says exactly the same though.

Thanks

Comment

one is from me. when i rang up royal mail. i was told their tracking info shows it reached the regional hub, bound for heathrow, but they have no new tracking info since then, so basically as far as they are concerned, it hasnt reached heathrow, and cant ring or talk to anyone to find any more info (or at least refused to do so).

i tried to play the time sensitive card. they say there is no guarenteed minimum delivery time on that, so no go there... i have basically been told i need to wait untill it has been in the system for 4 weeks, then claim for a lost package. unfortunately the package is only insured for £150 i think, not the £200 value. BUT luckily i still have my reciept so should be able to claim on it.

just a pain as its not like Gizmo can go and buy another gun as it was the m36 he bought from me

and like he says, i had zero issues getting his bits through to me
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
              one is from me. when i rang up royal mail. i was told their tracking info shows it reached the regional hub, bound for heathrow, but they have no new tracking info since then, so basically as far as they are concerned, it hasnt reached heathrow, and cant ring or talk to anyone to find any more info (or at least refused to do so).

i tried to play the time sensitive card. they say there is no guarenteed minimum delivery time on that, so no go there... i have basically been told i need to wait untill it has been in the system for 4 weeks, then claim for a lost package. unfortunately the package is only insured for £150 i think, not the £200 value. BUT luckily i still have my reciept so should be able to claim on it.

just a pain as its not like Gizmo can go and buy another gun as it was the m36 he bought from me

and like he says, i had zero issues getting his bits through to me
              The worst part is that I have TWO packages with the exact same status. Is someone at Royal Mail stealing all packages addressed to me??? :-/

I simply cannot see any logical explanation to this.

Comment

Gizmoman,you're not alone..and George,you too.

I am the one who currently holds the record for the longest delay here..so don't worry if you've been waiting for 2 weeks "only",because I've been waiting for a parcel for 1 month so far,and over 3 months for another one.

There's still absolutely no clue about where this stuff could be.

On the other hand,airsoft parts get here safe and sound..while guns,and not even complete guns,vanish.

The incredible thing is that these deliveries are ("supposed to be?") tracked!And after 3 months I should have received or at least known where my package is.

Unfortunately,a gun got lost over a year ago,and I don't even know at last if the sender got a refund from Royal Mail..so I'm afraid these are going to get lost too.
                Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Comment

THREE MONTHS!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

This is just wrong. I really don't understand why this is happening. I've never had ANY problems receiving packages from around the globe.

It's like the packages go to ''airsoft limbo''

Comment

@bob86,

Don't ring the call centre staff, they are next to useless (not their fault) and they read pretty much what we see.

Go instead to your local post master or where you sent the parcel and tell him the problem. RM were very unhelpful and didn't really care when I had an issue with a parcel that failed delivery in Spain and was being returned back to sender (Me) and I even spoke with the Spanish postal service who like RM where not interested.

My local post master when told of the situation went into his office and came out 5 minutes later with information on where it was, what service was used to send it back and an ETA on expected return.

Comment

It's over 3 months I've been waiting so far,and I still have no clue of where my package is.

Geez,I'm told that "Royal Mail / Parcelforce are now scanning all packages leaving the country, and anything gun like will be destroyed according to their latest t&c's. Stuff coming into the UK is fine strangely, seems like they have it the wrong way round!"

Can anyone confirm?
                      Last edited by ForceGhost; 9 May, 2013, 07:39. Reason: Merged Double Post
                      Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Comment

Thought I should update this thread as I have finally received one of my parcels. Very happy!

Still missing the other one though.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gizmoman Find out more about gizmoman
                        Working...
                        X