Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended camera

Hi

Im currently understanding that the Go Pros are the daddies of cameras in the ******* *****, i see it being used more than anything.
    However im being picky and decided that i really dont like the squared design of the go pros
    Are there anything else out there? preferably with wide angle lenses so i can capture more of the action
    iv seen the contours, they may be my next purchase if i dont find anything else

Re: Recommended camera

btw well done on everyone who played at the mall today, amazing day

Comment

One of my suppliers has taken on Drift camera's and I have seen that you can get a picatinny adaptor for one as well. Look quite good and get some nice footage from them, from what I have seen.

Comment

Contours!!!!! I have the go pro and the countour and tbh the contour is slimer in design and easier to use. go pros may have the better picture quality (full HD) but it eats memory cards on full hd so i end up lowering the spec. Theres alot more aftermarket mounts for the contour such as RIS mounts by strikemark made of metal rather than plastic by contour plus the US tend to stick to countour for ease of use and functionality. They also have a smart laser pointer built in that points where its aimed for several seconds when you turn it on so you know its in the rigght position.
        for what your looking to use it for id say contour is the way to go. I have seen them attached to all sorts from helmets to headsets the world is your oyster. plus you can swivel the lens depending on how you mount it.
        Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

i rather dislike the gopros bubble vision and the fact when you put one on in airsoft its either this silly thing sticking out on you head or sticking out a foot on the side of ya gun can't fault them for picture clarity though. but contours look and work so much better for airsoft heck you can get the one with gps tracking and it will show you just how far you walked back and forth from respawn ;p

though i'm a cheap ass git and i got a £16 action cam from ebay for messing about with in airsoft and to learn how to point the camera to get the best footage befor i spent tons of cash on a proper one

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Search Tachyon Ops. They make great gun cameras but you'd have to find a UK supplier or get one imported over from the US. The standard Tachyon Ops is $90 and the HD is $150. Extremely small and light.

Comment

Or lets plug zero one s smith and westren branded one they sell

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Well a few of my mates just went and bought some Headcamz, surprisingly the quality is extremely good.
                They are only around the £100 mark, but they are quite small and weigh about 32g.
                Might be worth a look if that is what you're after
                Originally posted by Tiercel
                The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Meddy you can alter the fov in the go pro to remove the fish eye effect.

The contour is a good package and if I was only using the camera for airsoft I may have gone for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends where you intend to use it. As youre saying a good day at the mall, something with IR is a must, gopros and contours are useless in low light (contours are better in bright light, gopros for dusky areas and tachyon NV for the dark.)
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

hmmm i did not know the tachyons have a nv function
                      i would like it, though is it worth the extra price i assume that would come with it, because though i like the mall, i do play outdoors half the time as well

Comment

There is a specific NV one. I dont film at the mall anymore as its just 8 hours of noise
                        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

so you dont bother at the mall at all if its just a normal hd camera?

Comment

+1 on Contour's being useless in low light, great in good daylight, but film in a dimly lit urban environment and you'll end up with x minutes of black screen and lots banging and shouting

Comment

even with a hint of light? whats the minimal amount of light that it needs? tbh if i cant see anything normally anyways because its so dark, i dont expect a normal camera to be able to

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Toanjuice Find out more about Toanjuice
                              Working...
                              X