Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Urgent: What the hell is this (AK47 of some kind)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: What the hell is this (AK47 of some kind)

Hi, just opened up this second hand "TM AK47" which I got for a project im working on, only needing the hop and gearbox. When I got it it looked pretty battered and old.

Opened it up to find this:

As you can see the hop unit looks like its from an old springer, the gb used all cheap white plastic, the motor isnt branded and looks a bot odd and the gears say "geartech" "xyt" on them!

I also cant find the standard TM branding, where does one look for this on an AK!?

The odd thing is that most of the externals are pretty much the same as the TM Ak I used to have...any idea's!? As iv asked for a full re-fund/return but this is just out of curiosity

Thanks

Re: Urgent: What the hell is this (AK47 of some kind)

motor has the typical blue back of an eg1000, could be the sticker came off?

tms come with a white piston and other bits....

Comment

xyt gears are chinasoft

Comment

Ok, XYT gears are used - that points out either JG, Dboys, Army, old Cyma, BE or well.

Well don't do an AK, neither do BE & the hop isn't a JG or Cyma, the cyma is different to the TM but not like that & the spring guide is transparent, pointing to Army or Dboys.

Dboys are black in colour pointing to either a really old dboys or a army.

AP.

Comment

I had a motor that looked like that (although long shaft) that came out of a JLS Scar

Comment

thats a lot of grase i'm thinking clone gear box

Comment

and there should ba a spring on the end of the shaft for the moter un less i'm mistaken

Comment

TM Piston is an off white colour. The tappet plate, airseal nozzle, Cylinder head, Spring Guide and Switch Block assembly will be black in a TM V3. The Stock V3 Spring doesn't have that finish and TM press their Motor pinion gears on, that one has a small grub screw.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

Its definitely a cheapsoft but as for what brand I dont have a clue.
                  The motor isnt a cyma as they are full black. JG have the blue base like TM's but they have stickers on them and I've never seen a hop unit like that.

The TM branding on an AK should be just under the fire selector.

Comment

Well there was no branding under the fire selector and the motor had "china" written on the bottom!?

Also this gun looked very old (you know how you can tell as you take something apart) so possibly a very old clone...?

Oh and that hop....what on earth lol. I cant even part this out for spares as im not sure what will fit...full re-fund coming my way I think!!

Comment

That is appaling, you aited so long for this and now it arrives and you got bulled. Clearly the sender wasn't counting on you knowing how to break open a gun!

Comment

No iv had it for ages sitting in my loft waiting to start the project (custom M60) which now is going to have to wait while I source more components!

Comment

That rifle is a Double Eagle AK47, sold ex-rental from my site.
                          All ex-rental rifles are sold as-is, and are checked for functionality by me with the buyer present before being handed over.

So when it was sold, it was working.

Do you have a link to the original "For Sale" description of the rifle from when you bought it?

I have one left, and am happy to swap it with Trackermanjoe if he tells me that there was an actual fault with the one he bought from me.

What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
                          --from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Comment

I dont think he said it wasnt functional chief, I think he's just a bit ****** that he thought he was getting a TM and got that

Arent AKs supposed to be old and battered though? :p
                            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 18 March, 2009, 07:27. Reason: language

Comment

^ That's why I'd like to see the original For Sale post...
                              I know Trackermanjoe from way back, and he's bought a few ex-rentals.
                              It was him asking what brand the AKs were that brought me here.

If he did advertise it as a TM, then it will have been an honest mistake - But the only TM ex-rentals I've ever sold have been FAMASes and Beta Spetzes.
                              Likely he got confused with the Spetzes.

What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
                              --from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

your evil twin Find out more about your evil twin
                              Working...
                              X