AEG plastic or metal, whats the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: aeg plastic or metal whats the best

I always thought metal guns weren't as reliable due to the metal contracting, although this mainly effects GBB in fold weather.

Comment

That can be the case for Gas based weapons which are highly temperature sensitive and metal is both heavy and a good thermal conductor, both of which can add up to poorer efficiency. AEG's don't suffer from this as most of the working parts are encased in a gearbox and kept separate from the externals, as well as being a pneumatic system, which simply squashes air down the barrel, which doesn't cause any temperature changes.

Comment

i've had a TM HC AUG which was all plastic and it was solid as a rock.

I've now got a G&G TR418 full metal which is also superb build quality, its just heavier!

Comment

this all help full guys i dont have ukara yet and i know my gun will be two tone but that dont bother me every ones got to start some were. do any of you know what the ares ump is like and what is the difference between the 2 versions

Comment

Originally posted by stuar141 View Post
            this all help full guys i dont have ukara yet and i know my gun will be two tone but that dont bother me every ones got to start some were. do any of you know what the ares ump is like and what is the difference between the 2 versions
            Dont do it yet!

Do you have any other form of defence? UKARA isn't the be all and end all. Perhaps whichever retailer you use would be willing to contact your regular site.

Also I would recommend getting the raider version. Rails are very handy!
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

well i have only been twice and got hooked but the site i used to go to is not there any more so im looking at new site to try at the end of the month

Comment

well, i think for a starter gun, ANY G&G would do nicely.

However looking up there you asked about the Ares UMP, dont get it.

Get the GEN 2 G&G UMP. Better wiring, consistant 330 fps, TBB and better gearbox performance. £220 brand new, throw in another high cap mag and batteries for another 40 and you should be good to go.
                Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

if i was to get one i would like GnG but im thinking of staying withe the m4s as i have m4 mag pouches and dont want the cost of new mag pouches it just a pain in the arse trying to figger out what to do

Comment

yeah thats true.

Mind you i have a UMP, and stuck my mags into a m4 pouch LOL.

but dont forget you can always sell your pouches on here.

If your after an M4, then the Combat Machine is a good starter, but i prefer the TopTech's as they are really really good value.

I hear ICS also make very good M4's and so do G&P.

It's really down to what gun you like. my first gun was a top tech m16, i like the style of the m16 plus it had enough guts to shoot really well.
                    Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

I think I would honestly still swing towards fixing your m4.
                      With the bits you mentioned the only thing to actually get it working is the lower gearbox. What's actually wrong with it chewed gears? Surely a gearset or any gearbox internals are cheaper than a new gun. Plus even with buying a new gun you still have to buy mags, peq box, lipos and the charger

Comment

Fixing seems like a good idea. M4 hop units aren't that expensive, neither are delta rings and unless your gearbox is completely fucked, you could swap out parts relatively cheaply. What exactly IS wrong with it? Because a stripped piston wouldn't cost much but a lower gearbox casing, gear set, piston, anti-reversal latch, etc would be pretty costly.
                        Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                        big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Re: AEG plastic or metal, whats the best?

the main thing was one of the wires has lost some of its coating and shorted out a baked the battery so i took it to bits and the miss moved it and now its missing a few bits its only £49 for a new gearbox i was also thinking of rear wiring it so i dont have to have the battery box slaped on the front end but most of the bits i need are out of stock every were i can find them in the uk i also need some mags but i dont know if ics do mid caps as im not a big fan of hi caps i got some mags off hear and was told they fit but they did not so im selling them for bits i do need

Comment

Magpul pmags or a cheaper option would be beta project pmags box of 5 for like 40 quid 80 rounds each.
                            Just get the new gearbox mate.
                            Ics make very good guns

Comment

i got 2 pmags but they keep miss feeding bbs on full auto. it will fire about 10 bbs then it wont fire till you eject mag and reload i have just priced up a plastic gag m4 with all the kit and its about the same price as doing all the bits to the m4 so im thinking of geting one a just geting the bits for the ics as an when they come in to stock but if they are all in stock when i have the cash in my hand i will just get the ics bits

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stuar141 my name is Stuart i live in Banbury i have 3 great kids and lovley women who looks after us all. I run my own mobile car valeting business Find out more about stuar141
                              Working...
                              X