Sorbothane..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorbothane..

After trying to source a sorbo kit for a friend's P90, we have given up and started searching for sheets to fabricate our own instead!

Although not an entirely original idea, we are probably going to sell a few batches in order to cover our costs because this stuff is very expensive!

From those with experience with sorbo, what are people's preferred options for thickness?? After a fair amount of research I was contemplating looking at 3mm 50d sorbo, with a few washers to tune the AoE!

Thoughts and suggestions welcome!

Re: Sorbothane..

3mm is a bit thin for my liking - every sorbo kit ive installed has been 5mm thick sorbo with rubber spacers.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Indeed, if you only want to go for one size I'd go 4/5mm 70d.
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

put 'sorbo kit' in google, first one up at the top of the page got them in stock for less than £10.00

Comment

Cheers for the thoughts/info guys! Midas' kits are v2/v3 only..

After a further think and more research I am probably going to go for 50d 4mm and get some 0.5/1mm rubber for the contact areas. Not original, but why do this by halves ay?

As a further thought for anyone reading, the kits that I have installed have all been rings of sorbo; has anyone ever thought about any pressure buildup in the small area that lays outside the ring that can't pass through the cylinder head? Would this have an adverse affect, or at least as noise?

Comment

literally just googled p90 sorbothane :P
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Search the parts for sale section on here. Wookie sells kits for a very very reasonable price
              G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
              -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hopewell Find out more about Hopewell
              Working...
              X