Communications info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communications info

Alright venerated chaps of the airsofting community!

Sorry if this has been posted on elsewhere, but i cant be arsed to sift

Have just acquired a radio and im trying to figure out the best setup to use for what ive got. im not using a helmet, just soft covers and ive got the radio pouch mounted on my recon rig, not a PC.

Any advice on what types of headset or mic setup to use? all advice is appreciated

Pete
    Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Re: Communications info

anyone?

Comment

A cincealed earpeice would be fine

http://www.radios-uk.com/microphones_headsets.htm

Comment

Need more info really.
        Are you after a plain usable earpiece mic or are you going for a " Look " ?
        This would influence your choices.

Nige
        The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

what radio have you got ?

I use a ptt and bowmans headset pm me if you want more info

Comment

ideally id like a throat mic with concealed earpiece or a bowmans, i forget the make of the radio but its a 2 pin job.

from an aesthetic perspective, i gues id like to able to get the "look" as well as the functionality

Comment

The cavalvy range do a bowman headset for most brands of radio, had one myself and for the price I really rate them.

Nige
              The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

cheers Nige,

I shall take a look

Comment

Motorola and Kenwood both do 2 pin plugs. Make sure you buy the headset with the right one
                  I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

Originally posted by Genesius View Post
                    Motorola and Kenwood both do 2 pin plugs. Make sure you buy the headset with the right one
                    And Icom.
                    The problem comes that one setup has the earphone on the 3.5mm plug (Icom), and the other has the earphone on the 2.5mm plug (Kenwood). IIRC, the spacing is slightly different too.

Comment

Don't forget ken wood fit as well.
                      I picked up a couple of cheap as chips throat mics a while ago from the bay. Covert earpiece and throat mic for Motorola 2 pin fit, cost about 15 quid each and work really well.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

i picked up a throat mic and covert earpiece from here, didnt get a chance to really test it out on my last game though

Comment

my whole team (like 30 people) uses Binatone or Motorola radios, these ones are absolutely brilliant http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Binatone-A...item41740b7150

battery lasts for weeks, really good range and reception.

we use in combo with this kind of earpiece and mic http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clip-Ear-E...item3f244b3e5c

as the mic can easily be clipped anywhere onto your rig near your mouth with the ptt button on the side of it BUT THE MAIN POINT is that the foam earpiece does entirely block your ear like a clear coily earpiece so you can still easily hear out of that side of your head. The G-shape is also very secure hooked round your ear once you've figured out how to put them on.

whole setup is nice and small and discrete, very clear and loud to hear and talk no problems. cheap too if you split the radio pair with a mate. Don't worry about charging, dont think ive charged mine since March this year.

My radio lives in a spare open-top elasticated ammo pouch on the back of my rig so the stubby antenna sticks over my shoulder if you're worried about the "look", you've still got an earpiece in.

from our experience, throat mics tend to be terribly unclear and are awful if your clothing rubs on them, uncomfortable too. Never understood why people have the big headset radios that cover all your ears on modern set-ups, this aint 'nam or WW2, i find myself shouting at them from that side to get their attention.
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team
                          "I love this sport because after you've shot the same guy in the head 5 times in one game, you'll still walk over and laughingly shake hands like old friends at the end of it"
                          www.youtube.com/user/RoguePlank/videos

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mister Zsasz Find out more about Mister Zsasz
                          Working...
                          X