the title pretty much says it all
    sigpic

Re: opinions on the RA-Tech M14 EBR lvl 2

ping ping *VENT*
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Never really had venting problems with my friend's M14.
      Unless you're a tool and fail to correctly put the magazine in properly.
      Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Hella expensive

Comment

see youtube videos from scoutthedoggie with a guy called daedalus to see one in action on a number of videos. Most impressive rifle i have seen.
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

Had one for about a year. The hop is a pain to get to... Which makes it very frustrating to tune for sniping.
            Mine only failed on me once and basically the weakest non-RA-TECH part went (which was the fire selector). Replaced the FS with a real steel one.

Im not much of a sniper man, so IMO, they're only worth the money if you're planning on sniping... However, there are far more reliable platforms that would perform sterling for that sort of money.

As Jonny said, in the cold, plink plink vent.
            Kiran Payne
            TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
            Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Personaly i love mine but as rightly said they are a pain in the proverbial to change the hop up on (ive drilled a hole in the plate on mine to make it easier) and with no co2 mags they dont like the cold but when they work they are great. I love the noise and the kick from mine espesialy. Im sure you are aware but they are fairly heavy rifles and long so not suitible for smaller areas.

Maintenance is another issue, they have to be maintained well to get the best performance out of them. That means cleaning the 6.01 barrel after every game at least (sometimes if its very muddy or dusty i clean mine at lunch time), keeping the mags oiled so they dont leak and generaly looking after the gun.
              https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

would you say they are worth the money, was thinking of getting one
                sigpic

Comment

Start with the WE and work up. Only reason I say this is that's what I've done. Just be warned the Hop Up is a pain in the ass as the others have said.

Things to do: NPAS and then change the trigger box (You have two options: 1: Spend the price of the gun on the trigger box complete OR 2: just change the box housing to save the flaw which if you dont prevent will eventually make you spend option 1). Current measured (actually measured not airsofter guess) is 60M without the Npas.

I'll add to this once I've tried it this weekend

Comment

sweet cheers man
                    sigpic

Comment

I had one, beautiful rifle but heavy and the bolt cycling made such a loud noise, absolutely no good for sniping!

Comment

Right so had a play today. The thing is still bedding in so FPS was all over the shop plus I need to strip it down and grease the piston (doh!) however range is vastly improved. Now have to move on to 0.28s as anything lighter start trying to take down aircraft.

Comment

Ok so on Saturday night I striped the gun down. Got the piston out and greased it. On Sunday tested and Chrono'd at over 440 FPS. Happy days.

So anyone who has been to Blue Streak in Aylesbury know I marshall there and occasionally have a game or two. One game in particular involves attacking a long office building. The M14 was hitting the building from the Regen point 70 Metres away. Not 140000 airsoft metres but actual metres. Completely out ranged everything including a couple beefed up VSR's.

So far all I've added is the Npas. Next up will be the Hop up rubber and the nozzle guides.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

call of legend Find out more about call of legend
                          Working...
                          X