Carrying an AEG and a spring sniper at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying an AEG and a spring sniper at the same time

I have a M16 as my AEG and I've just picked up an upgraded JG Bar-10 GSpec which I fancy trying out, and I was wondering if anyone carries both into a skirmish? I think I'd probably start with the sniper (in a distance support role rather than hiding and sniping properly), then move onto the AEG once the action got closer. However, I've never seen anyone do this - have you? and did it work? or m I going to look a complete noob (okay, more of a complete noob than usual)?

Cheers,
    Matt
    Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
    --
    I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Re: Carrying an AEG and a spring sniper at the same time

I've used a VSR and my GBB MP7 before.
    Went in as usual, vest filled with MP7 mags and gun on sling. Sniper in hand, and a spare mag in pocket.

Was used in a DMR style though. Shots at long range and then moving in with the MP7. Half of the time i just left the VSR down on bipod when entering buildings or built up ares and picked it up later.
    Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

Cheers, not sure I'd leave the VSR - I have a habit of not being able find things once I've put them down (even if they're in plain sight in the middle of the room - according to my wife). Glad to hear someone else has tried it. Planning on going to my woodland site in a couple of weeks, so might see if it works. Worst that can happen is that it doesn't plan out; but quite fancy the DMR role.

Thanks,
      Matt
      --
      I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Comment

A lad at my site does it with a full ak47 real sword and a real sword draganov
        2 heavy weapons, he just slings the 1 he isnt using on his back then switches
        Between them, so i would go ahead and give it a bash m8.

Comment

if you run around alot the spare weapon is just gunna get in your way, i for one cant sling a secondary rifle as im always diveing running and crawling ect

Comment

Thanks, Have a couple of slings - will give it a try.

Next job is trying to modify a lower face-mask so I can keep my teeth & still sight down the scope with ease...

Ta,
            Matt

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
            if you run around alot the spare weapon is just gunna get in your way, i for one cant sling a secondary rifle as im always diveing running and crawling ect
            Yeah, I thought about that, but both my slings can be pulled tight & released fairly easily so they shouldn't slap about too much on my back - I too tend to spend most of my time running to cover. Planning on using the GSpec without the silencer, which makes it fairly short if it's sling'd & therefore shouldn't catch on things. Was also thinking on converting the M16 to be more like an M4 length-wise which might help too.

Ta,
            Matt
            --

Comment

I've tried your idea before. It's very hard work and cumbersome but on the plus side you get a bit more comfort when someone comes close

, you'll find you are less mobile and the sniper rifle will hold you back when you really need to be moving with a CQB weapon.

I'd personally say, get a GBB pistol with enough mags and you'll be fine trying that role, maybe even an MP7 as mentioned. Or a reliable team mate to cover you.

I had my slung L96 and then my MP5 slung with no rear stock, a RIS fore grip and a Reflex sight.
              Any time I moved positions, I would sling the L96 over my back and pull out the MP5 for manoeuvrability.
              It gets hard if you're moving all the time (i.e marksman style), and is a ton easier if you're a slowly slowly type.

Edit: with a rifle as long as the M16 i think it may be too much of an ask, but i'd commend you for trying.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

I have a 1911 co2 as a backup (although its shooting a bit overpower atm). At my site it's never CQB, almost always medium distance, which is why I fancy the DMR / Sniper, with the AEG for spraying...

Guess my best bet is to try it and see how I get on; worst case scenario is that I don't like it and someone here gets a bargain on the classifieds..

Ta,
                Matt
                --

Comment

I've only done it once. I have a VSR G-Spec and when I'm not using my 1911 as a secondary I'll have a single point sling on an MP5K which'll sit perfectly on my hip or right in the small of my back if I position it behind me. It's not too uncomfortable at all, just takes some time to get used to.
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Honest_Matt Old(ish) bloke from North London with an interest in computers, tech, airsoft mechanics, cars and other assorted stuff... Find out more about Honest_Matt
                  Working...
                  X