Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank Transfer: How??

Originally posted by z Crum View Post
    Like i said, i believe instant/same day BACS can cost up to £30.00 for the person sending the money. But yes very quick and secure.
    Depends on the bank.

There is a system called Fast Pay, which a lot of the banks are part of. If both people's banks are taking part then the transaction is almost instant nad there is no charge. If only one, or neither, bank is taking part then the transfer takes 3-5 working days.

Paying directly into the seller's bank is the fastest way of all, except fast pay, but some banks will not take payments this way any more as, by taking the payment, they are confirming that the person has a bank account with them and they see this as a breach of data protection. Nationwide, for example, won't take 3rd party credits without the bank card/book.
    sigpic

Comment

natwest dont charge for a bank transfer.
      and when i paid cash into someones account it was there instantly
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
      Originally posted by N3ADS
      Is this you talking from experience ?..
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

All those who think Paypal offer protection are seriously mistaken!

If an item is not as described, you file a complaint, if the seller does not agree it is escalated into a dispute. Which is supposed to be someone at Paypal sorting this out for you.

What really happens is if you get nowhere with the seller and escalate, Paypal automatically shut down your whole claim, and send an auto message along the lines of "We are not experts to know if it is different, therefore we can't do anything. Try contacting the seller".

Comment

I dont think we want this to turn into another paypal bashing...

The original question, I think, has been answered.

Sort Code - Account Number ... Name wouldnt go a miss...

Bank transfers are very secure, thats true.. but its worth noting that different banks offer different levels of protection against fraud. If you are cheated out of money, or you arent getting what you thought you were paying for, not all banks will offer even the service paypal will. Some view it as "you chose to send the money, and thats that". Many are much better, but it's worth checking what kind of cover you will get before you go sending you money to people.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
            The fastest way to do a transaction is to pay the money in over the counter. For that you need to have the persons full name, account number and sort code and of course the name of the bank they are with. Money is accessible instantly with no fees.

Make sure you get a reciept from the bank and have sufficient contact details for the person you are dealing with as if a dispute arises it's not an automated process like paypal to recover money.

Cyrano
            as he said it is now instant I have done two now and they are both instant and I could acess the funds stright away

Joe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

skinandbones Ed, 19, live in Devon. GOING TO SANDHURST IN MAY :D!! Find out more about skinandbones
            Working...
            X