Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Advise

Hi Guys,

I'm want to get a couple of radios for when I'm playing ( we all know what it's like when you loose your mates for a few hours and any tactical advantage disappears!). What I'm looking for is a good sturdy radio not a funky bright colour that you tend to see but more military looking. Also i would would like a good range, and throat mics are a must along with single ear piece.

i have looked and their are loads out their but i would like some input from you guys who have used them.

Any ideas?

Re: Radio Advise

I did some research on this a week or two ago and the most popular radio seems to be the Motorola XTNID
    thats what I opted for

Comment

Sadly, you are limited to the PMR446 frequencies, which are 0.5W ie quite rubbish! You will probably still get 1/2 - 1 mile though, dependent on how open the terrain you are skirmishing in is!

I believe that after doing research myself the Midland G7 is one of the best radios that you can get, but the Binatone Action 950 or Action 1000 seem to be relatively highly thought of.

If you aren't particularly fussed about staying legal, there are a few chinese options which are programmable, but you can research this for yourself

Personally, I have Cobra MT975 radios. I have had them for a fair while and they are compatible with Motorola single pin accessories! Bar one dead radio, they have been awesome!

Comment

Thanks for the advise guy

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dippy666 Find out more about dippy666
        Working...
        X