Using Propane in GBB pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Propane in GBB pistols

I was browsing EBay and came across a propane adaptor which I believe allows one to fill gas magazines from camping type gas canisters. It looks like it might work out cost effective as I use a fair bit of gas in the MP9.

The question is, has anybody tried it? Does it work ok? Does it affect the FPS? Does it work out to be cost effective and as easy as buying green gas?

I've read that you have to use "silicon" to lubricate the magazines. Does anyone know which types of silicon oil to use?

Re: Using Propane in GBB pistols

Many people use propane on here, im one of them. It is the same gas as green gas but without the silicone oil added - the AI adapter comes with a bottle of oil to use, and so far its lasted me over a year, and im not even halfway through it
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I use Propane with a Madbul adaptor. There is a small screw in the side you just remove and drop a few drops of silicone oil in it. One problem I have found is that the adaptor is too large for some mag fill valves. It works fine in my M4GBB, M9, Hi-Capa and MK23's but will not fit my P226 mags.
      JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobySnacks View Post
        from camping type gas canisters.
        just remember, camping gas will be brutaine, you will need coleman pure propane

Comment

Or plumbers propaine cans

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Propane is widely used in airsoft these days.
            It is cheaper than commercial green gas so is a no brainer for 99% of pistols and rifles.
            Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Comment

Yep the cost savings of using propane mean that the adaptor pays for itself in next to no time,obviously depending on how often you use gas guns.
              First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

I use it also in my tm p226. I use the airsoft inovation propane adaptor which fits niceley i also go to go outdoors
                For the propane i think its £7 there which last alot longer than a normal gas can. Well worth using.

Comment

i only run propane no airsoft gas seem's to work well at all in any of my gas guns and ive tried pretty much them all...colemans propane makes them perform amazing!

Comment

Yup I run propane with the madbull adapter with my WE SCAR, and KWA Glock, never had any issues as long as you remember to keep up with putting the silicon oil inside the adapter to ensure you get the same lube benefits as 'green gas'.
                    Tell someone you love them today, because life is short.
                    But SCREAM it at them in German, because life is also terrifying.
                    ICH LIEBE DICH!

Comment

The lack of lube in propane can be a benefit for heavy gas users, helps prevent the lube building up in the gun. Like my KWA MP7 - if the hop rubber gets silicone on it, it swells up and the gun jams. So I benefit greatly from running the thing on 'dry' propane.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ScoobySnacks Find out more about ScoobySnacks
                      Working...
                      X