Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft shogun shells ???

Hi
    Sorry to ask this if covered already, but how do the self contained shotgun shells/airsoft shotties: eg Hwasan / madbull fit in with the law on self contained gas cartridges that applies to brocock airguns??? any views???
    Cheers

Re: Airsoft shogun shells ???

they have internal barrels, so its not one load...
    Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I don't know that that's really an answer - I've not seen in anything in the statute about 'internal barrels' or anything like that.

The critical thing is that the Act only applies to firearms, and airsoft guns aren't supposed to be firearms as they fall below the minimum level of lethality. I think you should be OK with shotgun shells - for added protection, buy them from a UK retailer, which will give you a practical defence of "I bought it in good faith from an alleged expert". I wouldn't want to be the test case, but I'd feel a lot safer with SS6s or similar than a Cassiopeia.

Comment

In addition to the above, the Brockock/Scott and Palmer self contained gas cartridges were banned because it was too easy to convert them to hold any smaller calibre live round that you happened to get your hands on.

A couple of minutes with a Black and Decker and you could convert an airgun to a dubiously safety firearm.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hellsquad Find out more about hellsquad
        Working...
        X