Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Make airsoft games smaller, and more tactical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make airsoft games smaller, and more tactical?

hey

what do people think about this idea?

basically, at the moment, most airsoft games ive been to (using the COD 4 model!) are sort of like team deathmatch, domination or ground war. I dont mean the objectives, I mean in the way that its not a huge map, but there are lots of players and no limits on what you can do. You kind of know where everyone is, so that sort of reduces the tactical aspect of it.

Then you have your milsim, which is a bit like hardcore search and destroy, ie you have limits on your kit, and there are generally smaller teams, and its more tactical.

in airsoft though, im struggling to find an inbetween. I enjoy the fun of having a hicap and being able to carry what rounds and weapons I want, but I also would like a more tactical side to things. I mean usually at most sites, you know where the enemy is, and you and all your guys pour forward, usually taking cover and often engaged in continuous firefights.

Anyone else like to see slightly smaller games? where you actually have to be more cautious because you're unsure where the enemy are, and maybe the site could arrange people into teams who have to work together, but you can still allow new, less experienced players with their hicaps etc etc. Not only would squad manoeuvres be more important and necessary, but through being put into teams, you're more likely to make friends!

what does everyone think?
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: Make airsoft games smaller, and more tactical?

Sounds like you need to find a less popular site :-D

I go to ones on Saturday's (work commitments) and there is fewer people. Which means less of a charge to the death, and more room to manoeuvre/be sneaky.

Maybe also spec out some different sites, with new scenarios. Or sites that don't give unlimited re-gens.

One I play you'll often have 3 lives for a game. Which forces everyone to kind of stop doing suicide runs etc.

Comment

nice, well me and my mates are moving sites to AWA herts soon, so i guess ill see how that is!

what do you think about sites putting people into squads though?
      or like, saying that everyone has to go in a squad of 4/5 and then the players organise themselves..

i think that would also open the door for people to play different roles more, and maybe limit support gunners/snipers in each squad to 1 each.

obviously that goes back on what i said about the limits of milsim a bit. but you know.. :P
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

sites i play at do sometimes end up being a charge but typically my teams peeps break up into squads with coms and go hunting, ive never played a game that was a constant firefight...ever,hehe and the more organised your team can make itself the other side had better do the same, and by team i mean just the way the players are split up at the start of the day, with new and old players mixed in.
        back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

I don't think either smaller or larger games are better. What makes a gameday good is if the number of people is appropriate to the size of the site. A massive site with 20 per side is going to leave you with very little shots being fired, whereas a tiny map with 100 per side will result in mass carnage (and no Mikey, that's NOT always a good thing!).

Comment

I think you really lack a huge variety of experience Waltzin mate, the games we have been to have either been with a small number on a smaller field and small numbers on a large field. People generally dont like to be told how to play on a sunday skirmish (certainly what ive seen), the people who do want to squad up do, and those who dont play how they want.
            What your looking at is more of the milsim side of gaming- which youve clearly realised-, but its just not the gaming we've done. It does exist, and theres a lot of it, but it tends to be alot more intense. You've also only experienced one style of play, but if you look at Ground Zero for example, thier woodland games last all day and have many varying objective and the like
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
              Whereas a tiny map with 100 per side will result in mass carnage (and no Mikey, that's NOT always a good thing!).
              Course it is! 'less your a coward :P

But no keeper has a solid point and thats what im getting at with Waltzin- the games me and him have been to tend to be very few people over a very large area, which TBH, im not so keen on and clearly neither is he, but there many skirmish sites are very different
              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C

Comment

You need something like my local site. Small with about 15 a side maybe 30 on a good day. But still makes for great play. Never know where people will pop up, plus working together is pretty much the only way to win. Team of 5 go in to the bunker and the rest go above ground. Sometimes there will be silence for 5-10mins, then suddenly all hell breaks loose as you realise 3 enemy have flanked your position.
                TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
                Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
                Maruzen APS Type 96
                TM P226, Tac Master .
                WE SCAR + VFC UGL
                KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

we have mini tactical games at my place. there are usually only about 4 on each team so we have very stealthy games that can last ages and you only get one chance at one shot. i love it but we are going to linsdey (site neer us) and we are hoping there will be loads of people who we can shoot!! we are pretty good as a team now as a result of being independant on other players:D

Comment

cerberus runs some great great game ideas

while the site is large and sometimes up to 60ish players on sunday - the games are milsim in nature but you are free to do what you want

for example last sunday

- one team has a nuclear bomb to protect and has an extraction at an airfield at 16:15hours (it was 12 at this point)- in order for the plane to land we had to capture and hold the radar center (a building with a satellite dish on the roof)

the enemy carried around an anti aircraft missile launcher (a tube) and as long as they had that we could not reach extraction - they also had an extraction at the airstrip at 16:15 so also needed to hold the AA gun while trying to capture the radar installation AND trying to find the nuclear bomb

and thats just one example - so while we all carry whatever weapons we want, the teams basically split into small tactical teams in order to carry out all objectives

the site is massive and you never know where anybody is so if you just wander about you will lose
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

My local woodland site near Exeter plays smaller games (because we get a smaller turnout at the moment) but on our last day there was a series of 'small' games on various areas with differing objectives. Like I said it was low numbers - only 4 per team but it was one of the best days Airsofting I've had in ages!

When I have come up to GZ it was good to have the space to roam but I went ages at a go without seeing anybody and because it was so split up there wasn't much of a Team element to it.

We had enough room to maneuver without getting split up - intense fire fights but still having the sneaking aspect of it to get into attacking positions etc. and each game was limited lives. I wish I had more videos of it!
                      www.airsoftwarriors.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/groups/skirmishexeter

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
                        nice, well me and my mates are moving sites to AWA herts soon, so i guess ill see how that is!
                        Being a regular at AWA Herts for nearly 2 years, I can safely say you will be dissappointed on the tactics front :P It's not uncommon for most players there to be rocking 5 - 6 high cap's per game so no bush is safe. The few players that work in groups normally get drowned in plastic. Not to mention the hot guns and foul play that is plaguing the site once again ¨_¨

If you're looking for more MILSIM inspired games, try Urban Assault and their theme days. They're pretty awesome and both offer more tactical games.
                        Does not speak moron.

Comment

Shadow has the right idea I like games with multiple objectives spread over a wide area with lots of opponents. I also like timed objectives (eg capture the bomb before 11, blow the bridge before 1 etc) but i prefer the timers to be shorter, to stop the game stagnating

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                          Working...
                          X