Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: polarstar.

Quick question
    Once set how easy is it to alter the FPS ?
    As this would be a sticking point for some sites ie you chrono at one FPS then go away and up it for gameplay.

Nige
    The United Kingdom. Its where Great Britain used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt3033 View Post
      So do you use yours as your main gun then? or just pull it out every now and then?
      Everyone is different and it depends on your style of play. They are capable of being your only gun, but I get bored of only 1 gun and tend to change my gun for almost every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt3033 View Post
        So do you use yours as your main gun then? or just pull it out every now and then?

Im assuming that once I have it set up my AEG's will probably start to collect dust at home lol

Callum.

BTW - The gun below in my signature is the body I have waiting for this project
        I use my AK-105 as my primary. I also have a CYMA Spetsnaz AEG that I stripped and put new internals in for insane trigger response (no MOSFET or LiPos!). The M4 will be my primary and the AK-105 will fall to backup or when I want to play Russian. Yes, your AEGs will probably gather dust. Once you go Polar Star, AEG just feels horrible and clanky.
        There are some problems you may encounter with the V2.

First, the fusion engine may require shimming upwards as sometimes they can be canted slightly forward in the body which means the nozzle won't fit into the hop. This can be fixed with the high tech application of self adhesive insulation tape (electric tape) to raise the front end making it level.

Originally posted by wolfen View Post
        Quick question
        As this would be a sticking point for some sites ie you chrono at one FPS then go away and up it for gameplay.

Nige
        First major way is via the regulator. My Redline Firebase has a brass allen key covered by a screw cap:

However, I like keeping the PSI as close to 80 so the other option are the nozzles:

Changing the nozzle is not an option on the field.

And quoted FPS per barrel:
        275mm barrel:
        green - 315
        gold - 350
        blue - 380
        black - 425
        silver - 445
        red - 500

380mm barrel:
        green - 325
        gold - 365
        blue - 405
        black - 455
        silver - 495
        red - 550

509mm barrel:
        green - 365
        gold - 400
        blue - 435
        black - 475
        silver - 515
        red - 590
        It is easy to change the FPS, but no easier than it is for some one with say an APS UAR, Ares Tavor or RS Type 97 to quick change a spring or a PTW/CTW/DTW owner to change a piston.

Comment

Fair enough
          Saw a gas rig on a sniper with a dial on the top and he could alter it at will.
          Obviously this is a totally different system.

Nige

Comment

Fair enough
            Saw a gas rig on a sniper with a dial on the top and he could alter it at will.
            Obviously this is a totally different system.

Nige
            You can use a different air rig to do the same thing, this is mine, I have a similar primary air reg to Red hawk, i.e. it requires a Allen key to adjust,

[/URL]

But then I have a secondary reg to fine tune the adjustment, and I find it make it more consistent.

[/URL]

At the end of the day, you either trust the people you are playing with or you don't, and if you don't you should look for somewhere else to play.

Comment

As happyal above says, people can cheat just as easily with an AEG as they can with anything else in airsoft.

CO2 pistols and their stupid FPS (no one chronos pistols eh?)
              AEG's doing 350 fps on .4's
              People who hose others down with 30rps+
              Non hit takers
              Metal BBs
              Sniper rifles engaging less than 20m away

Airsoft is a game of trust, if you don't trust your opposition to adhere to the law and rules then you can always leave and play elsewhere. I know for sure that I'll be running 300 FPS on .23's and not an insane ROF. Why? Because I like a challenge
              It's like hacking on a game - it doesn't make you better, it just makes you a douche. I'd rather beat some one fairly in a firefight (or be beaten) than to cheat and win.

Comment

Quick question

Nige
                This is the only sticking point when it comes to some sites in the uK (as its pretty easy) and why it is very popular in the states. They have 450 FPS limits and literally run at each other head on so RPS means alot too

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
                  HPA will work all year round. Obviously if it's -10 you might run into problems related to frozen parts but other then that, they'll run in any British weather.

If you use the same PSI and nozzle but change the barrel, it will change the FPS. However the change is limited to about 40 FPS at best (300mm barrel upto 500mm) so compared to changing PSI or the nozzle, a barrel change is not the main option with regards to changing FPS. Most effecient setup will be one which runs at the lowest pressure (~80 PSI as this uses less air and the air is less turbulent so it won't make the BB do strange things in flight).
                  Change the poppet dwell setting. This setting is the length of time that the poppet valve is kept open for . Obviously, the longer the dwell time, the more air passes through it. Basically, what you're balancing is the length of time that the poppet valve is open for against the pressure of the HPA in order to get the velocity you want. In an ideal world, what you want is for the BB to be gradually accelerated as it passes down the barrel, acheiving your desired FPS just as it leaves the gun - and with no wasted air. Try a lower pressure setting and then adjust the poppet dwell time to suit.

@iBakez

With the Firebase regulator, you can fit a zip tie through the end of it to block access to the grub screw used to adjust the outlet pressure. Not sure (apart from a lockout that someone is making in the US) how you'd deal with it on one of the Palmers type regulators, or an SMC secondary regulator.

Just to reinforce what was said earlier, the V2 was designed specifically to fit VFC manufactured bodies (which means VFC, Avalon, Specter and the latest Madbull bodies). Other bodies will require shimming to ensure that the nozzle is perfectly in alignment, as there are tolerance differences between manufacturers of bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                    Change the poppet dwell setting. This setting is the length of time that the poppet valve is kept open for . Obviously, the longer the dwell time, the more air passes through it. Basically, what your balancing is the length of time that the poppet valve is open for against the pressure of the HPA in order to get the velocity you want.
                    I've got mine setup perfectly thanks to the Polarized (Polarised, damn yanks) iOS app.

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
                      You can use a different air rig to do the same thing, this is mine, I have a similar primary air reg to Red hawk, i.e. it requires a Allen key to adjust,

[/URL]

But then I have a secondary reg to fine tune the adjustment, and I find it make it more consistent.

[/URL]

At the end of the day, you either trust the people you are playing with or you don't, and if you don't you should look for somewhere else to play.
                      For site owners its also a matter of liability, trust doesn't come into it.
                      99.9% of players would use this as intended but site owners have to factor in the other .1%.

Nige

Comment

The Polarized app will get you close to the ideal setup, but it's up to you to fiddle with it to optimise it. Even the developer of the app notes that in his disclaimer............

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz View Post
                          The Polarized app will get you close to the ideal setup, but it's up to you to fiddle with it to optimise it. Even the developer of the app notes that in his disclaimer............
                          Yup true, it also says in the manual to play around with the settings. I've got mine setup to do 315 FPS on .2's and feeds great with any AK mag you can find. Two round burst @ 30 RPS is incredible fun

Comment

For site owners its also a matter of liability, trust doesn't come into it.
                            99.9% of players would use this as intended but site owners have to factor in the other .1%.

Nige
                            That's Crazy, do the same site owners ban PTW's too? as it's easier to change the power level of a PTW than it is for most gas guns.

Comment

That's Crazy, do the same site owners ban PTW's too? as it's easier to change the power level of a PTW than it is for most gas guns.
                              Can do the same with an ICS split gearbox, all you need is a spare upper with a different spring in it and boom, 320 FPS upto 500 if you wanted.

People are just picking on it because it's a new thing. Plus they're all probably jealous and want one.

Comment

You can never account for all idiots - if you did, then you'd have to ban the following:

ALL gas guns (how do you know that someone hasn't swapped mags to something with a bit more clout in it than green gas?)
                                PTW, CTW, DTW, whatever-T-W
                                ICS split gearbox guns
                                Any ARES gun with a quick change spring system
                                CA M249
                                Sniper rifles with a quick change bolt

You get the idea....

The simple fact is that a cheater will always find a way to cheat.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt3033 Find out more about Lt3033
                                Working...
                                X