Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best BB's-Bioval?

hi
    just wondering what are the best bbs you have used, i hear bio are excellent, not tried them yet.

best heavy 35's too.

cheers
    sigpic
    www.wix.com/srosefx/simonrosefx -special fx+ design
    www.simonrosemakeup.weebly.com - CAD airsoft

Re: best BB's-Bioval?

The clear ones are meant to be really good. I think they're .27's?
    SAVE OUR SPORT
    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

the bioval bbb max are .27 and from what i hear are very good but i cant find any where that sells here in the uk sadly

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Comment

They are also banned from many sites for not breaking on impact. Rumours are that they can shatter car windows with legal fps limits. Don't ask me how but thats what i've read

Comment

And I think it's actually true from a picture I saw the other day...

Funny thing is, I do a lot for our airsoft site, and was told by the farmer that he wants us to start using Biodegradable bb's... Okay - a little more expensive, but seeing as that's the way a lot of sites are going these days, fair do's.

Unfortunately however, my last two bags of BAW biodegradable AND 0.25g Xtreme bio bb's haven't been good - with a visible seam line... They work fine but that's not great really....

The farmer also suggested these Bioval BB's. My comment back was that they're hard to get in the UK (and after a little research - found out they cannot be bought in the UK)...

Now that'd mean getting them shipped over from the US of A. This is expensive when you get the shipping added on and then any import duties, taxes etc, as well as the fact that currency these days isn't great (I noted a significant drop in the last 4 weeks - not good....)

If anyone can pm me a link to any retailer, US, HK, UK or what have you that'll offer these bb's in bulk - and I mean even the likes of 500k + in one go, let me know via PM!

Cheers.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

We use Green Devil BB's at our site, but at the moment they only go up to a .30g. The site rule is only BB's bought from them are to be used on site, though I think the site owners get them at a bulk price per bag and don't put much of a mark up on as they are £3 cheaper per bag than most stockists

HTH

Lee

Comment

Bioval are banned at many sites.

The thing with bb's is that they actually help the soil in many ways and seriously do not cause problems. I think the need for bio bb's is greatly over stated on woodland sites.

If bio bb's were the same price as non bio bb's and the same performance I would gladly use them. However I can't help but feel there is some price shinanigans going on here.

Comment

has anyone conducted a test? to see how long they take to break down? compaired to excels

Comment

They apparently take ages. A guy on arnies put some biodegradables and some normal BB's in a plant pot with and planet a flower in them, he checked every few months and there wasn't much change.

Although I do belive they will degrade much faster than the 1000 years or so it takes normal plastic to.
                  SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                    They are also banned from many sites for not breaking on impact. Rumours are that they can shatter car windows with legal fps limits. Don't ask me how but thats what i've read
                    Is that right? surely the last thing you want is for BBs to shatter

Comment

g&g are very nice, ive had very consistent results with them, the worst by far are ics. 3 of my friends destroyed their barrels with them !!

Comment

If something shatters on impact you know its dissipated all of its energy, which is why F1 car crashes look so spectacular. They're designed to disintegrate so it takes up all the energy in the crash breaking everything rather than trying to resist it, which will result in the forces being transferred all around the car to places you dont want, like that squishy bit in the middle..

As far as BB's go I think the Biovals are made with a much higher density, which would create a much stronger material therefore less likely to shatter when it transfers its energy onto poor car windows. Where as normal BB's are not made in the same way, so they'd be less dense and break easily when confronted with a solid object.

Or at least, thats what I think.
                        SAVE OUR SPORT

Comment

Madbull bio's are pretty good. The extreme precision ones are too brittle. Iv'e had alot of them break in my barrels, so keep away from them if you can.

Comment

Sorry to open this thread up again, but ive just done some reading up on this and these definatly sound like the best bb around. I know the MILPOL ones are dangerous but they are not designed for the public.

The public ones are ment to be safe for use and wont splinter of split on impact, i.e good to go. im not sure what they would do to a person. I wouldnt mind if they hurt a little bit more but not break your face apart lol. Ive been hit by and .36 round out of a sniper and that bloody hurt like hell and yes if it hit me in the tooth it would have knocked it out with ease. Ive even been hit by a .28 round out of an support weapon form about 15 metres and the left a massive rasied mark on my fore head and that wasent a hot gun.

So basically what im trying to get at is why cant we use these?? the tracer ones sounds very good. If they can be proven to be person safe then whats the problem?? everyone on the field would have better range and engaging targets from further away woul not be a bad thing IMO.

I dont see why not using the best bb's around are not used more? you are just improving the game (aslong as they keep it safe i know) but if proven to do so then i think we should use them (icould total regret that statement lol)

what do you guys think??

WIll

Comment

The clear ones shoot holes in toughened glass, the energy isn't absorbed by the bb.

They also can shatter like glass, hence banned at some sites, we have to replace outer glass at the virus....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

srosefx Find out more about srosefx
                              Working...
                              X