Co2 pistols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co2 pistols?

Looking at co2 pistols, heard they are best for all year round pistol, is that true? also Looking at the new g&g g226, any one no if they are any good or if they are blowback etc...

Any info would be great

Re: Co2 pistols?

Very much so. I've a fair ol' pile of sidearms and fair use of each has shown me that CO2 bulbs are always the way to go.
    In my experience at least, gas mags vent constantly due to cold weather and despite the use of properly tight seals and lubricants. This goes for WE sigs, glocks or even MPs like the Kriss V and TM MP7.
    I can only use these weapons for less than half of any given year due to low temperatures.

As for springer pistols; I don't use any as the disadvantages are obvious. They will work and require no gas at all, but let's face it, these things aren't for everyone.
    AEP's aren't my cup of tea either but they are very reliable. I prefer sidearms with blowback and a higher FPS/hop up configuration to reach out to longer distances if needed.

I've never had a CO2 bulb gun fail. I run the Cybergun bulbs through my TM Eagle, Wesson and various 1911's. No problems at all, just excellent performance at the range and FPS I want.

As far as I'm aware the G&G G226 is a non-blowback model. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Rifleman Lizard; 29 May, 2013, 10:27.

Comment

CO2 pistols are very good, I'd recommend the RWL Nighthawk pistol, scary range on them.

I believe the G&G's are rebrands of some poop company who's reputation isn't that good.

I'd also recommend the new gen WE for all year round performance, amazing pistols.
      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Cheers for the replies, so would you say a standard gas pistol with co2 mags in? Or a co2 purpose pistol?

Comment

Please be aware that the C02 pistols can be very hot going up as high as 400+ fps the dan Wesson range take a power down shell , this I believe will fit the G&G ones.

Comment

Will keep that in mind, seen the asg cz75d that looks promising

Comment

Check your site too, some wont let you use C02 at all, even if its way below site limits

Comment

co2 pistols are very good, though they can be over 350 fps. Some sites do not allow them (stupidly) as they think you get varying fps from them ... which isn't true.

when chronoing sit a little bit further back because sometimes you can chrono the gas rater than the bb which results in an fps of thousands lol

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

What do you lot think to the asg cz75d?

Comment

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
                    co2 pistols are very good, though they can be over 350 fps. Some sites do not allow them (stupidly) as they think you get varying fps from them ... which isn't true.

when chronoing sit a little bit further back because sometimes you can chrono the gas rater than the bb which results in an fps of thousands lol
                    Why is that stuipid?Do a bit of research,the reason c02 was dropped in favour of compressed air in paintball is because it is affected by weather conditions.
                    Heated it expands=higher fps,cold it produces liquid which exits as a vapour hence the big "steam" clouds in the winter...

Comment

I know FAO have banned all CO2 on site because some idiot was using a 4.5mm Dan Wesson revolver at the Mall, multiple windows were cracked and someone had to have them removed from his leg.
                      Apparently people have been mixing shells as well, there is a mod you can do to them where you cut the recoil spring to suit.
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

My KWC CO2 1911A1 has an NPAS fitted to get it below 350.

Comment

i had the cz75d compact ,, it was a great little pistol mate ,, very comfy in the hand ,, and looked the business

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                            Why is that stuipid?Do a bit of research,the reason c02 was dropped in favour of compressed air in paintball is because it is affected by weather conditions.
                            Heated it expands=higher fps, cold it produces liquid which exits as a vapour hence the big "steam" clouds in the winter...
                            It's you that needs to do the research. 'Expands when heated' is a property of every element and compound in the universe with few exceptions. It affects every fluid currently used in airsoft, including air, propane and 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane - and I don't see sites exercising a ban on GBB pistols when it gets sunny. Discriminating against CO2 on that basis is stupid as it's actually much less affected by ambient temperature than other airsoft propellants. Only HPA is affected to a lesser degree and that's not a common airsoft propellant. Also, CO2 does not 'produce a liquid' when it's cold; CO2 is a liquid under pressure. The clouds that 'exit' paintball guns are mostly water, not CO2 - as the CO2 expands it becomes very cold (by a process of adiabatic cooling), cooling the nearby air and causing water to condense out of it.

Paintball is not comparable to airsoft in this way. For a start, CO2 was the default propellant in paintball for many years - which is pretty much the polar opposite of the outright ban exercised by some airsoft sites - and the switch to HPA is not because of too much power (like airsoft sites are afraid of) but because of too little. The actual reason many airsoft sites ban CO2 weapons is because CO2 is historically associated with dangerously powerful 4.5mm air weapons (many 'airsoft' CO2 pistols are conversions of 4.5mm weapons, which is a pretty dangerous method if you don't know what you're doing). Additionally, sites are worried about the tendency for the first few shots from a new capsule to be vastly overpowered (by as much as 150fps in something like a GBBR).

Comment

What does that cz75c thing typically chrono at?

I got shot in the elbow by one today, crippled my arm and sent a numbing all the way through my hand and fingers. Been shot umpteen times on the elbow and funny bone, and never had that!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomtomsatnav love airsoft! Find out more about tomtomsatnav
                              Working...
                              X