camo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camo help

Hi guys this has most likely been posted before but im after some help i have a od green plate carrier and some woodland camo and want to know if i can get away with desert camo with the od carrier with it not looking crap. dont know if any of you guys have od rigs with desert camo as i dont want to go and buy a tan rig as well at the moment

It doesn't look the best if I'm honest.

If I were you I'd go for a very light grey colour instead.

But you're never going to get an OD plate carrier to work perfectly in a tan evironment

Comment

Re: camo help

thats what i was thinking i would love to get tan set up to go with my woodland one but its the cost

Comment

It's the sad truth really! I've just resigned to the fact that if I want lots of stuff, I'll have to she'd out loads of dosh.

Placed today an order for my 4th load bearing option...

Comment

thats the problem i only started playing last year and have got all the gear i need but would like to be able to have more than one set up o well looks like i will have to stick to what i have and hope i win the lottery one day

Comment

depends on what "desert" camo your using, given that many units now use mc/mtp as a mixed arid environment camo, od still works surprisingly well with it.
            you could always tone down the greeness of your od with some random squirts of sand krylon, then it would work with more camo.

Comment

if you want a cheap option to go with desert, look at the chicom vests, bomb proof and less than a tenner last i checked, avaliable in tan or green
              trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

cheers for you help guys i was looking at a warrior chest rig and black hawk holster so looks like i best start saving and doing some over time

Comment

Non-reflective Krylon paint is made for more than just fancy rifle patterns, squire! Give it a go!
                  I often wear an olive drab molle but I added brown and black disruptive streaks, blending them together with the OD. Now it goes with anything I throw on.

Grab a couple of cans and lightly streak it up, maybe include a little sand and khaki instead of black. That'll go better with your deserts. You'll be surprised with the results.
                  This may be an excellent alternative to getting a new rig and if you're not feeling confident enough to attack your kit, just draw up a few sketches and first test your paint on rags.

Having said that, some of the cheapest desert vests can cost less than two tins of paint.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stuar141 my name is Stuart i live in Banbury i have 3 great kids and lovley women who looks after us all. I run my own mobile car valeting business Find out more about stuar141
                  Working...
                  X