X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Green Mountain Rangers.

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
    From what I understand the knife wielding event wasn't actualy at a game, it was at a birthday party (unless there's more than one)
    It was mentioned somewhere that a knife was pulled on a player at an event.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

sorry, but whether they did or didn't pull a blade, break numerous site safety rules, & various other alleged misdemeanours, fact remains that within their own video's their attempts to portray themselves as god-like uber warriors just comes across as obnoxious loudmouth walts, who's ego's are way bigger than their abilities.
      their embarrassing, & its no wonder that some people over there hold airsofters in such low esteem, when planks like the GMR are "promoting" airsoft via social media etc.
      as for the milsim events that they disagreed with "orders", to a degree thats exactly what milsim should be, military scenario's followed to the letter, with maybe a little scope for going off storyline, 'cos thats what real orders/scenarios are like, they don't always make sense & aren't always succesful, but hey-ho, we can't all be john mcclaine/john rambo etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
        From what I understand the knife wielding event wasn't actualy at a game, it was at a birthday party (unless there's more than one)
        Which makes it ok how? And also still demonstrates a complete lack of regard for any kind of sense or intelligence

Comment

Dont think Nunchuck was saying it was ok, more hinting that that particular event has a fair amount of speculation around it.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

What i found was a problem on both sides;
            1 the GMR think they are best of the best by doing all these dangerous acts..

2 the sites fault for not stating whats out of bounds and whats not allowed.

3 The organizers must remember that they are not military but being paid to make this event fun for public, so this BS mentality is of theirs must go..people are paying to be there and so are they..if they act like that they will loose their audience
            Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

The event wasn't a walkon day. Its advertised as a military simulation, in that, that means they have commander roles, rank structure etc. you also base what was going on around a video that's a couple of minutes long.

As for the safety side, I can see your point and the probably do brief that now.
              However, it seems that even game boundaries were ignored at other games by these guys, which are always briefed.
              I also reckon from past experience, would have briefed about not climbing on roofs.
              The other note is, who the hell would expect an Airsoft team to rappel a lift shaft? Not many at all. Not that it matters with these guys, it seems like they ignore most site rules anyway.

Comment

I think it's fair to say that site rules are on the whole, considerably different in the US to that in the UK.

I've spoken to people that have put on games in the US and rappelling was part of the act put on by the "staff team" so it's forgivable for them thinking, that if indeed they are competent at the skill, that it would be OK to do it.

It's also bewildering that these things have only become a big issue now the witch hunt is on...

Like I've said before, I can't dismiss the idea that these GMR guys have upset the establishment because they are pushing boundaries and requiring more from their game than just being shoved through a selection of rigid scenarios and set pieces.

As for the knife thing, if it happened off the field, it's inadmissible. I know several guys that have criminal convictions and have even languished at her Majesties' Pleasure for periods of time, and they are allowed to play airsoft unchecked.

I don't support the manner of play that has been demonstrated, but GMR are by no means alone in using some of the "techniques" that irk me.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post

I know several guys that have criminal convictions and have even languished at her Majesties' Pleasure for periods of time, and they are allowed to play airsoft unchecked.
                  You should report them Ben. As their licence conditions may prevent them from having access to anything even remotely gun shaped.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

The one guy I know and like well enough to not want to punch in the face repeatedly is sound, he has his doorman's license back and everything, the rest I wouldn't know how to report. I know of their first names and their Facebook profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                      You should report them Ben. As their licence conditions may prevent them from having access to anything even remotely gun shaped.
                      Or as theyve done their time just leave them be, just because someone has done time it doesnt mean theyre an evil bastard. I spent a week on remand and everyone I met were people I would have no problem being around when they get out. And these were people that were being investigated for GBH, attempted rape, arson...people make mistakes and theyve had their punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman93 View Post
                        Or as theyve done their time just leave them be, just because someone has done time it doesnt mean theyre an evil bastard. I spent a week on remand and everyone I met were people I would have no problem being around when they get out. And these were people that were being investigated for GBH, attempted rape, arson...people make mistakes and theyve had their punishment.

Way to turn the discussion to being about you. Read the text of my post before making rash comments please.

I suggest reporting them as they may have licence restrictions. If you don't know what they are, might I further suggest researching the subject matter prior to making comment?
                        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

My take on it is this. Like a lot of MilSim teams (and I use the word team laughingly.) GMR, who I had never heard of til 20 minutes ago, don't seem to understand the Sim part. There are a couple of sites who are very much into MilSim over here and casual, walk on players are just what pay the day to day bills. I now avoid these sites because being mocked for not wearing the latest kit from Level Peaks and spending a couple of hundred quid on some uberGucci combat trousers that can't guarantee I won't be hit by a lot of 6mm plastic balls aren't really my thing.
                          MilSim takes the fun out of a game for me. Idiots who believe they are superelite because they've bought a WMIK, a Systema, and a cool set of clothes as opposed to a bloke who's rocked up with a £100 Chinasoft gun in Viper combats. Seriously, who's going to go home and think "that was fun" and get on with life? I'm fairly certain it's Mr Viper. Because Mr MilSim is going to be scouring ads for the latest must have bit of kit that he will never use for it's real purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Ref License conditions.
                          Upon release from prison, each CONVICTED prisoner signs a form to say that they understand that they are not allowed to have as much as a catapult, let alone a RIF, air rifle, shotgun, pistol, or even a firework. For some prisoners, regardless of offence, that is for five years, for others that is a lifetime ban, depending on the length of sentence.
                          This is all to do with a myriad of laws, including the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the various versions of the Firearms Act.
                          Back on topic...
                          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

What goes around comes around - they'll p*ss off the wrong people, insult a large community and burn all their bridges.

It will bite them in the arse, they all look like the type of lads that had a hard time being popular and now a bit of power or reputation has gone straight to their heads.

They'll get theirs...
                            TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

I will say that the other halfs brother is not allowed to Airsoft as part of his old conviction.
                              So its nothing to do with 'they've served their time, leave them be', its more to do with the fact, they are breaking the law.

Comment

Hmmm, well you know that in all hobbies somewhere out there such a group of individuals exist. They assume money makes them better, life is great for them and them alone and they only have friends as they found other players to bend and break the rules with.

In a way I am glad I don't have to play with people that bad (some of the locals are awful but that is the way it is) but it is the fact they exist that worries. At least yes they have been banned but still they are just awful people.

Plus it does mean that those that want to wear gear get a bad name due to them, the same way in which a small number of players that appear in costume / casual or film loadouts give a bad name to the likes of myself.

Airsoft is better off without such individuals, I would say life is too to be honest. Some things you just don't do on an airsoft site simple as.

'FireKnife'
                                68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                                Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                                Working...
                                X