S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Airsoft

I was playing the newest S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game earlier and got to thinking, I have seen S.T.A.L.K.E.R. scenarios talked about but never seen one advertised. I love the atmosphere in the games and I reckon that the idea would be easily transferred to airsofting (for a weekend long match not just a couple of hours)

Has anyone been to one and how popular would it be?

I came up with a couple of ideas but want to know if anyone has been to one in this country?

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Airsoft

there are S.T.A.L.K.E.R events held anually in eastern europe... can't remember where tho as i think it changes location each year... from what I can tell they also hire people to play as teh mutants (snorks, bloodsuckers, and the other ones)
    sigpic
    Mercs Boss
    Armoury:
    ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

That is the one I think I had heard about. But traveling to Eastern Europe is, sadly, a bit out of my league.

Comment

That would be epic, if only we could have an abandoned factory and a swamp, just like the dark valley. Saw some pics from one of the games and it did look pretty cool, though i have no idea where it was in eastern europe. but definatley would like to see a stalker setting for a Uk weekend game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakeh View Post
          there are S.T.A.L.K.E.R events held anually in eastern europe... can't remember where tho
          I heard they had one regularly in part of Chernobyl? It sounded more like re enactment though (plastic knife fighting xD)

Would be like any other game just tatty combat gear and AK's galore :P.

Comment

What I had in mind was more a multi faction game with 5-6 different teams with conflicting and overlapping objectives. The problem is that we would need a very large site and about 100-120 (maybe even 150) players.

I didn't think about mutants as I thought it would be a bit much. The idea I had was based around controlling artefacts (those who have played the game will know what I mean) and access points to "the zone".

The teams I came up with were (all based on in game factions)

Military
            Main Objectives: Stop artefacts leaving the zone and policing (holding)the access points
            Minor Objectives: Arresting Bandits and Freedom members

Freedom
            Main Objectives: Spread Artefacts to the outside world and open (hold) access points to the zone

Minor Objectives: Helping the Scientists with their research.

Loners
            Main Objectives: Make as much money as possible from foraging for artifacts

Bandits
            Main Objectives Make as much money as possible through foraging, kidnapping, whatever means possible

Scientists (Games Warders/Marshals)
            These guys would be both running and playing a faction, distributing artefacts around "the zone", designating radioactive and dangerous zones, handing out objectives to different factions.

There would be 2 scoring factors: Campaign points (for holding artefacts and access/checkpoints) and Money (not real money but some form of made up currency which can be used for bartering between factions for objectives/artefacts/checkpoints blah blah blah)

Also it wouldn't be a strict STALKER style game just the idea of a faction war in a radioactive(or some other disaster) zone. I was aiming to cover the good bit of the game but leaving out all the STALKER Lore that every one may not enjoy (I wouldn't enjoy playing a mutant but thats just me)

And rather than having team coloured armbands have clothing and weapon restrictions for each faction: eg. Military use Nato weapons and wear DPM where as the Freedom wear Flektarn and use AK's.

I know this wouldn't be everyones cup of tea but I would like to know how many people would be interested in this sort of game?

Comment

I personally would be well up for it, but that is one epic quest to organise such an event. If you could logistically do it though, it would be pretty awesome.

(P.s, the uber STALKER nerd inside me is telling you that the military in the game use AK's and the Freedom guys use NATO weapons :D)
              sigpic

Comment

Love it!! You would only need teams of about 15 though, and i would happily be a bandit!! Ambushes galore!!

Take place in a Factory, or an old MOD base of some sort, and night game as well, starting 8am, ending 4am!!!

Comment

i also agree in thinking it would be an epic event, and maybe an excuse to drink vodka whilst playing airsoft :P lol
                  G&p XM117
                  Jls Scar
                  Agm m14
                  A&k svd
                  CA Mp5
                  Originally posted by fallout3021
                  nothing that works should have jls in its name lol

Comment

or do a game based on freedom and duty war with the rest of the factions merged in, and have a freedom and duty base like at the Gz national event last year. but as there are so many teams it indeed would be hard to create easy to tell teams.

Comment

Ok back from work and pleased to see positive feedback , and lolzombies I know its the other way round in game but I was just giving an example (not flaming you don't worry).

I understand the level of organisation involved and how much planning it would need but as I said we would need a site to play at and it would need to be big, and preferably have a urban area too. The problem I have here is that I have only played at 1 site (CSW) and for a smaller 3 faction game (as we would need locations for each base) that site would work if we wanted 5 or even 6 factions then we would need a site that is a fair bit bigger, if you know of a site that would be suitable please feel free to suggest it.

For a scenario I was looking at setting in in a new "zone" so we could forgo some of the STALKER lore (like the particular factions involved). Also getting hold of all Russian kit is hard (or at least I have had trouble) and I was thinking of making it so almost anyone who wanted could play.

Feel free to make suggestions about my basic overview, I am quite happy for your input, but if all you have to say is "its poo" without adding any input I will just ignore you :P

Comment

It is a very good idea, would be awesome to see it happen People will have to try to dress the part though, otherwise it just won't be the same...

All I can say is I will have to try VERY hard not to wonder about, saying 'Hey Bro' in the cheeriest voice I can to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                          lolzombies I know its the other way round in game but I was just giving an example (not flaming you don't worry).
                          Haha, yeah I know, it's cool.

You could always base it off the faction wars from Clear Sky. Let's say six teams (Loners vs Bandits, Duty vs Freedom, Mercs vs Monolith maybe?). Each team is paired up against their rival and fighting for certain territory. Things get heated up if the groups start overlapping which territory they need. And there will always be the politics of the Factions (Duty don't kill Loners for example) making things more interesting. It'll also mean that each group can't just attempt to bulldoze their enemy, they have to watch out for crossfire and plan their attacks more carefully, or use moments when their enemies are engaged in other fights to ambush. Would last a fair old time, but would need a big place (and pretty fair sized teams) once more.

Just an idea to add to the mix anyways.
                          sigpic

Comment

Right after a rethink, switching the military to Duty sound good, but the idea I had was to have to major factions (around 50-60 players), facing off against each other with 2-3 smaller (25-30) adding to the scenario by having objectives that may run along side or against one/both of the larger factions. In all that would make around 200 people so it would need to be a BIG site, The site I play at is 90ish acres and is too small/doesn't have room for 5-6 (maybe more depending) bases, how big is GZW? Looking at the map it might be doable there.

Either way this is still just pie in the sky so let me know what you think (particularly site wise). And how do multi factions game work? Well or do they all fall apart due to every one not knowing whats going on?

Comment

I know it kinda sucks, but coloured armbands would probably be necessary in such a multi-factioned game.

I like that idea though. Maybe the two big teams are Freedom and Duty duking it out, with Loners, Bandits and maybe Mercs caught in the crossfire and looking for their own thing? It would be borderline LARPing anyway, so Mercs would have the option of being devious, being hired out (with reference to that money idea you had in an earlier post) by the various groups perhaps?
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Abbadon101 Find out more about Abbadon101
                              Working...
                              X