TM pistols and green gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM pistols and green gas

Hey guys, just got a Marui Desert Warrior and was wondering what's the experiences of people running green gas in them (or other TM 1911 pistols). Any issues or is it mainly the horror stories of old that keep people from using green gas in them. Tempted to use the 144a but I think losing probably around 40fps would be a bit crap. Opinions? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TM Pistols are built to be used with green gas now a days. Its propane you can't use in them bud.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: TM pistols and green gas

I run my 1911 on abbey ultra gas, it's stock, got a lovely kick and no sign of wear yet.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

The TM 1911/Hi Capa slides are probably the strongest ABS slides available. I used Guarder Powerful Gas (a bit more power than propane) and Green Gas in my TM 1911s, Detonics Combat Masters (They have much smaller slides which are still surprisingly strong) and Hi Capas for years now with no issues. I would not say all TM GBBs are safe for long term Green Gas/Propane use. That's just from my experience, and it's not down to using Propane on hot days etc. I have had TM Glock slides break on me, 3 in fact, and I have seen FN57 slides break too. It's quite rare, but saying 'TM guns breaking is a myth' is not true, they can crack from long term usage. It isn't the case that all the newer ones are fine on Green either, it really depends what model, and I know that it isn't TMs No.1 priority to make the slides strong enough for Green Gas when in Japan they usually use 134a anyway. I have seen a TM XDM slide crack around the front, which should, being a newer model, be ok for Propane etc. Models I know to be good with Green Gas are the 1911/Warrior range, Hi-Capas the M9s (seem to be strong enough), SIG P226s (never seen a slide break) and PX4, which seems very solid. I'm still in two minds about the Desert Eagles. They are pretty tough but I have seen cracks appear in some. Anyway - if you have a 1911 you can feed it anything. If you want a safer alternative then stick to Abbey Ultra gas, it's a good medium between 144/134a and Green.

Comment

I so wish people would stop saying you can't use propane in them. It's a myth that needs to die.

Green gas is perfectly fine!

Comment

TM pistols will happily run on green gas or even propane over here. Theyre designed to be used in Japan which has much stricter FPS limits AND much warmer climate, so they use lower powered gas. If you used green/propane (theyre the same gas, green gas is just propane with added lube and a much higher price because its a 'special airsoft gas' ) in Japan or some other hot country then yes, maybe it would explode. But in lovely, cold, grey, rainy Britain propane will be fine.

Comment

That's pretty much what I've been reading guys, warmer climate and warmer climate and weaker weapons may have issues but we live in the beautiful uk where our summer is those 3 warmer days in June haha. Cheers lads

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

My bad, sounds like I'm the one that needed to start this thread!

Will be investing in some propane now then ;')
                Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
                Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
                Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
                Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Yup - rule of thumb in my ownership of all Marui pistols with stock parts and slides is:

BRITISH NORMAL TO COLD DAY - propane is fine

BRITISH WARM TO HOT DAY - be warned: propane could be a bit strong for the stock Glocks and Fn57s I've found.

If you're running alloy or heavier aftermarket slides on a Marui then propane/green is really the best choice in all conditions.

Comment

I always used green when I had my TM desert warrior. Was totally fine with it.
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CHeath Find out more about CHeath
                    Working...
                    X