Somewhere to test and zero rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhere to test and zero rifle

Anybody near MK/Northants have land I can use to test/zero a rifle? Serviced the R93 and need to make sure its all ticking over properly. Somewhere there is some range would be ideal.

So, anybody able to help a fellow airsofter out?
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Re: Somewhere to test and zero rifle

And you can't do it at your local site because???
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

As stated above, if you ask your local site owner on a game day if you can head over to a suitable (and out of the way) part of the site to zero your rifle, as long as you have your eye pro and are no-where near the safe zone you should be okay
      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

You guys realise that sometimes it's nice to get your rifle firing perfectly beforehand rather than wasting time and faffing about with it on the game day? Testing and zeroing a rifle can take quite a bit of time.
        Wish I had somewhere to test my DMR in Reading!
        sigpic

Comment

Im currently working weekends and I was thinking somewhere closer than local sites. If there isn't anywhere then that's that. I can't use my garden as its far too overlooked. A field if someone is on a farm would be top notch.
          Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Berkamstead Ronnie Sunshines, its about 35mins south of MK, has a full range in the shop
            "Adventures across reality, sweeping through the Kill House" - http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/SL8#Heckler_.26_Koch_SL8

Comment

i'm assuming your garden is suitably large enough for the job, when you say your garden is overlooked, can you not approach the neighboors who can see in to your garden & let them know what your up to, explaining that its a non lethal airsoft replica & essentially can do no harm (within reason lol).
              thats what i did & i've had no problems.
              as a secondary precaution, i'd recommend you contact your local police station, explaining your perfectly legal dilemma, & that should they wish you would be happy with them to check out your collection, including the r93.
              both of the actions i've mentioned would be considered pro-active to breaking down the barriers that legitimate airsofters often face, as well as you covering your proverbial arse.
              imho.
              mark

Comment

I have the same problem crasstoe. I live in London and don't often go to woodland sites and when I do I don't want to spend all day fiddling with my rifle. I can test upgrades/new guns but have no idea if its shooting bb's 3 ft.

This in no way helps you. I feel your pain though.
                sigpic

Comment

unless you live in a city just go to a field somewhere out the way?

These are little bits of plastic being puffed out with air, they are not dangerous and much more care should be taken playing golf in a public park or darts at the pub. Just make sure you're sensible and the imitation fire arm won't cause distress, which in the middle of a field it won't.
                  “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Garden has the grand union running down the side so a no go as its a public footpath. Fields are fine but that would mean taking a rifle to work which is again a no go.
                    Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                      unless you live in a city just go to a field somewhere out the way?

These are little bits of plastic being puffed out with air, they are not dangerous and much more care should be taken playing golf in a public park or darts at the pub. Just make sure you're sensible and the imitation fire arm won't cause distress, which in the middle of a field it won't.
                      Spanking way to get yourself shot with a hot piece of lead there bud

Might be plastic balls puffed out with air but Joe public doesn't know that from 100 yards away.

Comment

Terrible advice right there.

Surely your local site will have a form of range for you to use.?
                        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                          Spanking way to get yourself shot with a hot piece of lead there bud

Might be plastic balls puffed out with air but Joe public doesn't know that from 100 yards away.
                          Be sensible and do it out of the way. Carry it in a bag + as long as you are not waving it around in public there's no problem.

Or do it at your local site if you're worried you'll upset someone.
                          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

You can't take a RIF out in public....period, and especially not for range testing.

Fair enough asking on here if someone has land, reality is, if they do it will likely be out of town. Recommendations in order of likely success:

1) take the hit on a game-day and do it at a legitimate airsoft site.

2) local firing range / shop with a range

3) local farmers field AFTER permission has been granted, and even then, I would still inform Police as people (tresspass) ramble on farmers land all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                              Be sensible and do it out of the way. Carry it in a bag + as long as you are not waving it around in public there's no problem.

Or do it at your local site if you're worried you'll upset someone.
                              Couldn't give a toss about upsetting people as such.

What I do fear is at best being arrested, at worst being shot, I saw a video a week or so ago of a tw@t walking through a suburb of Birmingham with a "toy gun" tucked into his waistband, when armed police arrived in shock the guy took the gun and threw it into the street, what he didn't know however was that one of the officers, due to the guys snap reaction, began to pull the trigger of his pistol, in a video interview the officer stated that another 1mm of trigger pull and the guy would have been shot.

I've also seen pictures of of so called airsofters with full on RIFs having a pistol match in the middle of a park.

You are never really that out of the way in this country, is it really worth taking the risk to your safety and the future of Airsoft in general.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
                              Working...
                              X