Royal Mail: my patience is over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail: my patience is over!

Well I've been waiting for 4 months since a gun was posted (TRACKED) and both me and the seller still have no clue about where it is.

And there's other stuff I'm waiting for,from over 2 months (it was tracked too),that is vanished as well.

Can someone,please,tell me how this situation can be sorted out?

Both the guys have already filed a claim in letter form,one has done it over 2 weeks ago so should I expect a refund from RM soon?

I can't stand this situation anymore,with absolutely no info about the goods location and/or about a possible refund in a certain time scale.

Someone even told me that RM destroys anything gun like that has to be exported.
    Last edited by Desert.Express; 31 May, 2013, 13:20.
    Leave 52% Remain 48% UK VOTES OUT!

Re: Royal Mail: my patience is over!

only the sender can get a refund from courier. So get a refund from the sellers and let them chase up courier
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

And don't expect a full refund either.

I sent a lot of large scale collectible cars that i sold for a mate on ebay a couple of years ago, 4 people claimed they never received them. £95,£40 and a couple around £25. I filled in all the forms and jumped through all the hoops, printed off the whole of my ebay listings as proof of the item's and price it sold for ect. IIRC they gave me around £65,£20 and about £12 each for the others, saying this is all we think they are worth.Even though they had 100% proof of what they was worth.

What got my goat even more is that the one car i sold (1:6 Ecto 1) for £95 that "went missing" i found being re-sold by the person who bough it off me, after contacting ebay they told me that i don't have proof and the seller said its not the same car.

Comment

just reading the title angers me, imho royal mail are useless for anything other than letters, stuff of no value or stuff that you dont care if you lose it. In the past I have found the stafff to be less then helpful, when they are responsible for losing my stuf.. argh

Comment

You'll get a book of first class stamps as a refund,as previously said the seller should refund then chase it..unfortunately it's neither the sellers or buyers fault...

Comment

A seller refunded me in the past before he received (I guess) a refund from RM.

In this case I still have nothing in hand,not a refund nor anything else..and I can't even fault the sellers for that.

Coz,I use to prepare myself to the worst in many situations,and I was already resigned about getting just a part of what I've spent.

Anyhow I think I'll lose about £100,but the thing that angers me is that both the items I bought were rare ones,so over money I wished to get them!

Comment

This is depressing to read. If I knew more I'd happily help. You can't trust anyone nowadays

Comment

Royal Fail are utter useless. Pay the extra if its something a bit more expensive and get it couriered. Thats what i do now as im fed up with things not arriving etc. But then things still get lost, so its a shit sandwich

Especially i know first hand a LOT of posties dont bother with signatures, so people then take the piss and say it didnt arrive as its never going to go anywhere.

Its sad but happens too often

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

you fulfilled your part of the agreement by paying for the goods, which the seller has failed to supply, he in turn has entered in to an agreement with RM, therefore all liability for your funds/goods rests with the seller.
                  tell him you have been more than patient, but its now time for a full refund, & that if the goods are found in the meantime, you would still be willing to buy them.
                  you can't be fairer than that.
                  mark

Comment

I think if there is a gun involved it will be 2 different offices that deal with it. Neither of which have a clue what is happening.

I did some work a couple of years ago where the gun I had worked on went missing, claimed for it. Got a refund then a couple of months later the gun turned up too. Oh well.

Just keep making a fuss, even if they refuse to give a full refund. It is not your fault they lost your item.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I stopped using RM a while ago, especially since their ridiculous rise in prices!
                      I know they used to have a bad rep but I've gone over to using My Hermes through their parcel drop shops. They only charge a reasonable amount for signed for and extra insurance and all the items I have sent have arrived ahead of or on time with no hassles....
                      Give RM a swerve, but best of luck with your claims!

Comment

Parcel plus are great way of sending things which are quite big or heavy and start at £4. I also had something lost by them the other day although it was only £12 so not a big-deal. Good luck with your claims; it's so unfair for them to not actually refund you the proper amount of money especially when you give clear evidence to show how much they were worth.
                        For sale:

-Splitting M4
                        -MP5 Parts
                        -MP7a1
                        -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by tackle View Post
                          you fulfilled your part of the agreement by paying for the goods, which the seller has failed to supply, he in turn has entered in to an agreement with RM, therefore all liability for your funds/goods rests with the seller.
                          tell him you have been more than patient, but its now time for a full refund, & that if the goods are found in the meantime, you would still be willing to buy them.
                          you can't be fairer than that.
                          mark
                          One of the sellers -the one who posted on January 29th- isn't willing to refund me,and I can't force him..what shall I do?

I'm still yet to ask a refund to the other too,because on one hand we all know it's not mine nor his fault..even if,once a guy refunded me the entire amount I paid (some like £250) before he had money back from RM for having lost the parcel.

So while the sellers have lost their stuff but have my money,I'm the only one who swallowed a double loss:the stuff I payed for,and the money..but who can judge if they have to refund me before getting a refund from RM?

When my local post office lost an expensive gun I posted to a guy,after a month and a half I had to refund him because I felt bad for him,even if I could have just waited for God knows what..and the amount was 2,5 times bigger than the value of both these packages I'm dealing with now.

It's up to the seller..if he gets at a point when he pretends to be in the buyer dresses,and realizes it's unfair that after 4 months he still has nothing to show,then maybe he decides to refund..but I can't force anyone to do that.

So all I can do is just wait,wait and keep waiting..and 4 months without a clue of where your stuff is,and what you're going to get -money or stuff- and in how many days/weeks/further months,is an eternity.

It's just bad,because you feel like outsmarted and completely left alone.

But what amazes me,is that when I have to receive accessories or other bits with RM,I always receive them safe and sound..I even received stuff that was posted on Saturday,on the next Monday,once.

Comment

You'll probably find that 4 months is too long to claim anyway,I think RM is around 30 days max.
                            Were you in contact with the sellers all the time?

And I give a thumbs up to MY HERMES aswell.....

Comment

Originally posted by Desert.Express View Post
                              One of the sellers -the one who posted on January 29th- isn't willing to refund me,and I can't force him..what shall I do?
                              Er... What? How did you pay him? If you used some common sense and paid via PayPal you can start a claim against him and get your money back. It's not your fault the item was lost in the post; it might not be his either but he bears the risk until it arrives with you, so it's his problem. Here's the issue - you did not see him post the item; you don't have any actual proof what actually went in the post and 'tracked' items do not generally just disappear, at least not for four months. Even if the seller is being completely honest, it's not your problem. Why should he get to keep your money and you get nothing? If you feel bad, get him to show you the compensation forms he gets from Royal Mail and offer to split his loss with him so that you both lose the same amount of money.

For the record I've used Royal Mail plenty of times and not had a problem yet - yesterday they even managed to work out that I had messed up the postcode and still got the parcel to the right address! I wouldn't ship a whole gun with them (it's too expensive; better to use a courier) but if the seller used the appropriate mode of postage it will be insured - and only he can claim that. So get your money back, and tell them to start a claim against Royal Mail.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Desert.Express Find out more about Desert.Express
                              Working...
                              X