Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Filling TM Mag without it pissing everywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling TM Mag without it pissing everywhere?

Hey guys, bought my TM Desert Warrior the other night and it's great and both mags are gas tight when gas is in there however bought some gas tonight and when filling it literally pisses out everywhere while filling, understand this is a common issue on TM mags just wondered if there was a way I could fill it without it going everywhere as its a hell of a waste of gas.

Re: Filling TM Mag without it pissing everywhere?

It's not a waste of gas, the spray is the air inside the mag getting displaced and replaced by the actual gas I believe. I used to always add an O ring to stop the spray, but the mags don't fill so well and run out much faster. Just put up with the spray, it means you can't overfill them, you know when they're full as the spray becomes gas escaping and you actually get a full fill. You can stop it quite easily, but I always went back to the old setup - TM sticks to those valves because they do actually work better.

Comment

Have you tried using a silicon spray? It creates an even tighter seal between the nozzle on the plug.
      My TM MP7 is bad for this but with a bit of oil around the mags it stops the mid-fill venting.

It's definitely the gas because it freezes my fingers.

Comment

Dont think thats the case buddy as my fingers end up freezing and you can see the dried green gas on the top of the mag.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rifleman Lizard View Post
        Have you tried using a silicon spray? It creates an even tighter seal between the nozzle on the plug.
        My TM MP7 is bad for this but with a bit of oil around the mags it stops the mid-fill venting.
        Will try this as my pal already has some silicon spray at home.

Comment

Just a quick blast in the plug and you'll see the difference. The silicon oil is golden but don't use WD40 or other corrosive products.

Comment

Desert Warrior/MEU mags have recessed valves and some gas bottles dont have a long enough fill valve. So it only gets semi pressed into the mag and thus, vents gas all over the show inc your fingers and causes much unwanted coldness to ones digits!

Zero One sell the filler extenders

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5487

But no stock, but gives you an idea what to look for

Also, just check you have the filler seated properly and it isnt on the edge.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

The nozzle on my guarder green gas is fairly long so think that shouls be ok. Ive seen another trick is to melt a bit of the plastic tubing stuff and then fitting it round the nozzle so it creates a little seal instead of fitting o rings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                It's not a waste of gas, the spray is the air inside the mag getting displaced and replaced by the actual gas I believe. I used to always add an O ring to stop the spray, but the mags don't fill so well and run out much faster. Just put up with the spray, it means you can't overfill them, you know when they're full as the spray becomes gas escaping and you actually get a full fill. You can stop it quite easily, but I always went back to the old setup - TM sticks to those valves because they do actually work better.
                This is EXACTLY what happens with TM mags.

Trust me I thought exactly the same as you when I first used a TM magazine, so like a pleb I put a lighter fill valve seal on the TM fill valve thinking I would be saving gas, nope not even close, I got at the most 1/2 a mag filled with gas, and that pi$$ed me off even more.
                So I binned the seal and purely by coincidence the mag was warm this time, now holding the mag in hand when I filled the mag with Propane I could actually feel the cold liquid rising up the magazine until said liquid did actually pi$$ out of the fill valve.

Sealing the fill valve will be a mistake.

If you do have GAS pouring out the moment you press it onto the fill valve then your doing something wrong.
                Or your gas nozzle is damaged.

Comment

ok I think Ive found the problem, thanks for all the hel by the way guys, the nozzle on the Guarder Gas isnt pushing right down into the valve, seems either the inside of the nozzle isnt wide enough or the actual thickness of the nozzle isnt getting down into the valce properly. Think I'll have to find an adapter like what someone suggested above or find a green gas that has a nozzle more suited to the MEU mags.

Comment

Pop the mag in the freeze for 10 mins.

Gas at warm temp will rush into a cold temperature area and fill it more effectively. You should get less over spill.

(this works 'cos I fill Coleman containers with propane using this technique)

Comment

Will try that also but not until i get a nozzle extender. Metal nozzle on that guarder gas is no good it just makes it piss out

Comment

Does anyone know anywhere that sells the appropriate adapter with free delivery? I'm tight and dont fancy paying £4 delivery for a £2 item? Thanks lads.

Comment

Well it turns out the nozzle on the gas is fooked . leaking out of the bottom of the nozzle. Dont really want to kwwp wasting gas when filling so going to try and seal it up with some ptfe tape tomorrow.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CHeath Find out more about CHeath
                          Working...
                          X