Rooty-Toot. 'Giving it big licks!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooty-Toot. 'Giving it big licks!'

Is a sound unit (speaker) hidden away in a front pouch, and triggered by a remote unit in the AEG, feasible? 'Real sound' has always been desirable but impractical in AEGs due to speaker size limitations - but a pouch could hold a sizeable speaker, no?

Anyone tried this? :D

Re: Rooty-Toot. 'Giving it big licks!'

minature microphone near the gear box perhaps??

Comment

I don't think it would ever be big enough (in an AEG) to carry the sound off very well. Mind you, I'm not all that up to speed on speaker tech.

Comment

I like the idea of being able to put any sound on it, like kittens meowing.

But in theory, it could work, wirelessly too.

Comment

Airosft would end up like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0DfFlzcBk

Comment

Haha! That'd be awesome!

..for a moment.

I'm surprised no one's produced a sound unit. [hint]

Comment

It's definitely do-able in most guns. If you want it loud, then that isn't happening. Even if you had room for a fairly large speaker and the power to drive it, a realistic gunshot sound would still sound cack. In speakers the size you could carry in a pouch, you probably get a reasonably satisfying sound compared to just a plain old aeg whine. But you still need an amp, a device with an RF reciever and the output , and a large enough set of batteries for it to be as loud as you'd like, and last the day. Practically, it isnt. But if you want your gun to sound like one of those toy guns that makes noises and flashes or whatever, then yeh, thats definitely an option.

I've always liked the idea (yes, its an expensive idea to run if it did happen) of an airsoft gun with a separate barrel/chamber/magazine, to chamber blanks that are fired (top venting as per the uk law) at the same time as the BB. Frankly though, all thats going to do is ruin your hearing at the cost of being marginally awesome.

Comment

If you want a realistic (ish) sound, use a GBB.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                Working...
                X