Fast access to BFGs on vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast access to BFGs on vest

Had a few incidents at the weekend with BFGs in pouches - one simply got stuck (due to protruding pins) and it took 20 seconds longer than it should have to get access to. Frustrating.

How are players attaching BFGs to their vests for quick and convenient access?

Are people simply linking the pins to the vest via a spring clip (Vietnam style, which I tried and it feels like I could easily pull one off by accident) or do people use pouches to eliminate any accidental discharges?

Just curious really.

What pouch are you using?

Comment

Re: Fast access to BFGs on vest

cooo - its just a grenade sized pouch to accommodate a dynatec timed BFG. Its a good enough size but its definitely not as quick access as I'd like.

Comment

I use a templar assault systems smoke grenade pouch for mine, pulls easily enough but has an elastic strap round the middle for retention. One thing I always make sure to do though is make sure the sharp-end of the pin is pointing towards me when I put it back in it's pouch. The up-and-away motion of pulling it from the pouch means that this way the pin cannot snag on anything.

Comment

I just use one of the warrior utility pouches. Can fit blanks, loading rod and 2 timed BFGs with an impact one. Never any issues with hookups whilst reaching for BFGs.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I have a carabena on the pin. Clipped onto a loop onto the shoulder. Pin hasnt budged at all even after running and jumping all over the show!
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I currently have my bfg in a pistol magazine pouch. The pin does hang out of the pouch so I hide it by sticking the velcro patch for the magazine flap and the pouch itself. I retrieve the bfg by pulling on the bin in an upwards motion. This allows me to instantly grab the bfg with the other hand and ready the grenade. If the magazine pouch is too deep, stick some tissue in there. You would want the bfg to pop out a bit so that the pin is clear

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                I have a carabena on the pin. Clipped onto a loop onto the shoulder. Pin hasnt budged at all even after running and jumping all over the show!
                Guess its try it and see. That's the obvious quick access location.

Comment

I use a warrior smoke grenade pouch which holds it nicely. If I really want quick access I move it to the dump pouch.
                  TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Grimlocked to my rig through the split ring on the pin. Done that for years and never lost it or had it fall off. But your experience may vary and I do not accept responsibility if you blow your face off as the pin was too loose or something

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Mine fit in the M4 pouch's of my Blackhawk vest. I keep one either side of me and like mag's move them around when one is used.
                      "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                      Life in the fast lane........
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fitch Find out more about Fitch
                      Working...
                      X