G19 or G23 slide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G19 or G23 slide...

I can't decide between a G19 or G23 slide? Opinions would be greatly appreciated please?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.

Re: G19 or G23 slide...

It's just a number?

Comment

The only difference is the model number and the calibre markings, but I would go G19. I was going to go for the G23, as you don't see a whole lot of .40 S&W marked guns, but technically the G19 slide is more realistic to the rest of the gun as the KJW G23 mags actually have the round count markings of a 9mm G19 magazine (15 rounds instead of the real-steel 13). It also makes it a little different from the normal KJW G23s you see around, as there aren't many TM compatible G19s made.

Comment

@ Fitch - Pretty much. I know it's largely unimportant but just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion/preference for one reason or another.

@ Apurturesci - I have noticed a difference on the ejector side of the Glock 19 and 23 slides too. The Guarder 6061 aluminium CNC G19 slide has what looks like a little Japanese letter/logo engraved which from my Google image searches of real Glock 19s doesn't seem to match, while the G23 slide has the Glock logo engraved which from my Google image searches of real Glock 23s does seem to match.
        Things I hate:
        2. Irony.
        3. Lists.

Comment

Some real Glock 19s seem to have the Austrian proof mark, means it was 100% made in Austria I think - neither one is more 'correct', but the most common is that little Glock logo. Apparently the Austrian guns have a lighter trigger, and a few thousand were imported a few years ago - there is some info about on these pages:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/10...Glock_19_.html
          http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1316291

I think it goes nicely with a European Glock frame, makes it a little different from all the US marked ones.

Comment

Ah Austrian proof mark! Amazing. Thanks yet AGAIN Apurturesci. A Glock 19 frame it is then. Did you move yours on?
            Things I hate:
            2. Irony.
            3. Lists.

Comment

Decided to keep it actually! It's really the perfect pistol for me, and it's something I put together myself so it wasn't really worth selling on just so I could get another AK.

Comment

I don't blame you at all. It is beautiful. I think I'd have gone for it at the time had the slide been black.
                Things I hate:
                2. Irony.
                3. Lists.

Comment

The KJW G23 has no trades or markings at all on the slide that bare any resemblance to a real Glock.

Curlyboy
                  'I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around' Han Solo

Comment

Originally posted by curlyboy View Post
                    The KJW G23 has no trades or markings at all on the slide that bare any resemblance to a real Glock.

Curlyboy
                    No, but the OP is upgrading it with a Guarder slide that does

Comment

Yes I should have made that that clear! Apurturesci and I have spoken about this before hence why he was correct and knew that my original post was about a Guarder slide upgrade.

Anyway, 19 slide it is...
                      Things I hate:
                      2. Irony.
                      3. Lists.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dutch Classified Find out more about Dutch
                      Working...
                      X