Stuck at customs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck at customs

Recently got some stuff from HK just a few mags and internals, has been at heathrow distribution centre since the 28/05, as i found out after phoning up the RM. however I cant see the tracking online that shows this, and also have not received any contact from customs etc. Haven't ever had anything stuck at customs before so don't really know what to do, I also can't find a contact no for this centre. If anyone else has had something like this, what did you do, and how long does it normally take stuff to come through from customs?

cheers

Re: Stuck at customs

you'll get a letter from the carrier at some point i expect with how much theyre charging and all the relevant details. im sure someone will jump in with an email or number for you though.

EDIT: (after Redhawks post) I meant carrier not customs in the first line, as such now changed.
    hes gone into a bit more detail though
    Last edited by jonny lovegrove; 7 June, 2013, 14:32.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
      you'll get a letter from customs at some point i expect with how much theyre charging and all the relevant details. im sure someone will jump in with an email or number for you though.
      Wrong I'm afraid. Unless stated on the parcel, customs will charge the currier of said parcel and not the individual. The reason it's stuck in customs is usually due to a backlog of other items that need to be processed. This can take anywhere from a day to a month and unfortunately you have no control or say in how quick they do this (this is customs for you).

They will release the parcel one Royal Mail/Parcelforce pay the charges. They will then hold onto it at their depot and send out a letter detailing how you can pay for it. I usually wait until the tracking says it is at my local depot and pay + pick it up there.

Comment

sick (well not so much) i guess I'll just wait around and hope that it comes sometime soon. Until then i will just enjoy my 1 high cap..

Comment

ive used HK retailers lots in the past 10 months this has happened to me 4 or 5 times, longest i have waited is 3 weeks. hopefully when you lose hope it will turn up ( this is allways the way for me ! )

Comment

Do you know who will be delivering it? if its parcel force ring them and ask to pay the fees over the phone, its what i did last time. i got my items a week before the letter arrived telling me i needed to pay customs fees. Not sure if other companies will let you do it but parcel force have allowed me to do it.
            Armoury:
            WE M4
            TM VSR
            TM PX4

http://www.urban6airsoft.com/

Comment

I've paid customs charges twice (the second one was a pair of RA-tech CO2 mags yesterday) on over 12 orders in the last 18 months - both times its been steel mags and pistol mags in the box (ie small and heavy) - a 70 quid rail system came through un-touched...
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I just received an order from HK. Following the tracking number, it was sent on 28th May and arrived here on 30th May. Then it was awaiting charges. On the 5th June I looked and saw it was awaiting payment so rang Parcelfarce and asked how much. They charge £13.50 handling fee then it was £15.76 VAT on top of that. I paid by card and it was delivered next day.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ells Find out more about Ells
                Working...
                X