practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practice

how much shooting practice do u do, i do about 2hours a day with mostly my bison 701, and a few shots with air pistol, got through about 6.000 bbs since bought gun a few weeks ago, before that all air pistol target shooting, it pays off as very rarely miss now.its very adictive this bb shooting

Re: practice

None, though when I get my new flat I'm planning on getting some small steel plates and propping them up at chest height at a 45 degree angle with a little box beneath to cath the bbs. There may not be much indoor/outdoor space in London but I'm hoping I can emulate distance by going for smaller targets!
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

None.

I'm shocked that anyone really would practise regularly just for playing pretend soldiers to be honest, especially two hours a day. I don't have two hours a day, and if I did I certainly don't think I would spend it shooting targets for airsoft.

That said, if you're practising because you enter competitions in which you have to hit targets then I suppose that might make more sense.
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

im retired, plenty of time to play, use to do competions, if you want to be good you have to practice, i find bb sniper shooting easier than air pistol shooting, going to buy a cheap m24w bb pistol to see what i can do with that. , but have been shooting for 50 odd years, so should be able to hit a few,better than sitting at computor or watching tele,

Comment

i dont practice at all, whats the point?

i shoot once a week with a .22 rifle competitively and i dont practice that either, just shoot competition cards.
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

its what i do,not saying any one should do it , how do you win competions without practice, i could never do it without practiceing every day all day when i was younger. now its just for fun with family and friends in garden, but i still like to beat them lol and they choose the guns, got a mate out of the army, now armed trained bodyguard he practices speed shooting with me with gas bb gun,but not for me, i cant move and shoot that well,

Comment

bob86 - so you only ever enter competitions, you never just target shoot?

Longshot - how about fun?

As was discussed in the gunmanship thread a week or so back - for some of us it's fun to practise (same as its fun for some to use horrendously expensive weapons, and apparently, for some of the people not in these groups, it's to rip to pieces anyone who does airsoft differently to how you do it). I enjoy shooting plates in my back yard - its good fun, and I become a better shot. I practise primarily when the weather is good and I'm not at uni (IE I actually have privacy in my back garden to shoot stuff with a RIF).

Failing to see a problem with this...
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

i dont see a problem with ppl doing it, i just don't

and as for shooting, no, every club night, when i shoot it is always at cards in competitions (shoot in postal comps, so shoot at my club, scored then results are posted to the guys running the comps) you use sighters, but that is just to check where u are pointing and adjust the sights.

if i'm shooting blackpowder, that is just blatting at a card and making big bangs, not about how/where the shots go
                Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

dave38x - 'Practising' implies getting better at something, often with a goal. Practising at shooting targets for competitions where you shoot targets make sense to me, because you need to practise to get better at something. 'Practising' because it's fun sounds more like doing something for fun, in which case the thread should probably have been something like: 'target shooting for fun.'

My initial point was that I probably wouldn't practise target shooting for standard airsoft.
                  102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

I see, perhaps there is a subtlety between practise and plinking that I've somewhat blurred.

Watching someone who claims to know what they are doing fumble a magazine change, or faff with their kit for hours trying to find the one full mag left in their rig is just entertaining for me and embarrassing for them.

While I get a buzz from practising until I have slick drills (because it feels cool), its also rewarding when mid-skirmish I have to do a mag change or draw a pistol, because I don't look like a monkey playing with all his toys for the first time, and I can drop a mag and fit a new one when the last one vented (and despite hearing it vent, the other team didn't rush me) before the next opposing player pops his RIF round the door.

So yeah - I enjoy it, but I do practise to get better. I also plink a lot (especially when I have empty beer bottles to play with)
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I enjoy air soft, but i imagine practising as such to be extremely boring, probably wouldnt enjoy it as much if i did.

Comment

i dont practice the shooting as were i mainly play its close range 3-8 meters max so every shot should hit, its just about having your guns in good order and KNOWING they shoot every single bb.

HOWEVER practicing with kit as DAVE put is quite interesting.... and i think that would help.
                        Dead or alive....your coming with me

Comment

Practicing drills is very important. Being able to draw your pistol swiftly and without getting tangled in your webbing is an extremely useful skill and one that can be honed to the point of it being automatic. Muscle memory allows you to do it without thinking. Ditto mag changes (and knowing exactly where all your mags are stowed) for your RIF or GBBR.

Practicing actually shooting a BB gun is somewhat less fruitful IMHO. An airsoft gun is inherently inaccurate, and no amount of practice is going to improve that. Of course, each to their own. I DO enjoy shooting the guns, so usually tap some targets as part of the drills, but that's just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobySnacks View Post
                            Practicing actually shooting a BB gun is somewhat less fruitful IMHO. An airsoft gun is inherently inaccurate, and no amount of practice is going to improve that. Of course, each to their own. I DO enjoy shooting the guns, so usually tap some targets as part of the drills, but that's just for fun.
                            Five letters: AIPSC
                            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Proto View Post
                              Five letters: AIPSC
                              Three letters: AND?

Like I said, practicing the drill is useful, shooting stuff is unlikely to improve your aim much given the limitations of the hardware most people can realistically afford. AIPSC appears to be mostly short range, where speed of hand and the ability to come on aim and get the shot off quickly is king. You wouldn't expect to be able to pull a handgun and place the first shot into the skull, so C of M is point of aim. It's quite a big area at close range, though surprisingly easy to miss if you've not put the practice in to make the draw automatic.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

peter9 Find out more about peter9
                              Working...
                              X