change body part at a site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change body part at a site

As you know at an airsoft site you can camo tape over two tone and then remove it when transporting.

could you replace the two toned body parts for non two toned and then replace again when transporting them.

would this come under production of a RIF

just wondering really never have the intention to do it

Re: change body part at a site

On a site I wouldn't see a problem so long as you clarify it with the site owners. But tbh wouldn't it just be quicker to use the tape?
    Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Tape wouldnt be quicker if it was say the handgrips and sliding stock of an M4.

Comment

The law doesn't say that you're allowed to manufacture for a temporary period, so my guess is that it would be technically illegal. Cam tape is covering up, the original 2 tone is still there, but the moment the black parts go on the gun is no longer 51%+ coloured.

Having said that, you'd have a very good excuse/defence if you got into trouble over it.
        sigpic

Comment

I believe this could be construed as manufacturing a RIF, plainly because under tape/scrim net your weapon is still a two tone, If you own the RIF parts you could indeed manufacture a RIF while at home thus the site would probably disallow it due to the fact of it not being able to be controlled by the site (What i mean is you could go home with two tone body, change it to the RIF one, rob a shop etc and change back, where as if its two tone you can only have a wrap on it that can be removed under police instruction)

All in all it is much safer to keep it two tone until you can use the defence.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

interesting the parts i was thinking of would be carry handle, sliding stock and the front hand grip of an M4

Comment

Yes, it would be illegal under the VCR act, but if you are an airsoft skirmisher you are exempted from that. So that means you are not breaking the law.

If you are wondering, you do not have to be a member of UKARA to be a legitimate airsofter under the VCR act.

Comment

could you elaberate please on the last part of your post,If you are wondering, you do not have to be a member of UKARA to be a legitimate airsofter under the VCR act

Comment

so if sombody bought black parts say because they liked a different stock then put that stock on its illegal? as that seems silly and proves that you actually play and are into airsoft if you buy other parts . oh well , i would hate to be under 18 you have to have your gun looking like a water gun.

Comment

It's nothing to do with age (that only applies to purchasing), if you can prove that you are a regular skirmisher, you can convert/manufacture regardless of age.

BTW, we don't have an exception to the law, it's still illegal, it's just that if charged we have a specific defence that will automatically apply (if we can prove we are regular players).

The-Roger, no you can put whatever you like on a gun, but if you cannot rely on the defence, whatever you put on mustn't mean that it's less than 51% bright coloured.
                    sigpic

Comment

ok thanks i did not think i could

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gundown Find out more about gundown
                      Working...
                      X