Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airsoft DMR

Hey guys
    Ive pretty much finished my m4 as my Primary for airsoft with my glock 17 side arm and i wanted to own a DMR as im more or an assault and i like to be close to
    the action and a bolt action is no good for that...

i Do really like M14 but they seem a bit old fashioned but thats not a bad thing of course however i do love the look of such rifles as the SR25 M110 L129A1 etc.... so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.....

It can be on whole rifles, Parts (RIS and Base units) well just any ideas you guys have

Cheers
    JTM

Re: Airsoft DMR

Pick one you like the look of, or can carry, or have kit that already transfer over etc, etc.

Aside from the branded internals, they are essentially the same thing in different clothes. What does your site allow in terms of fps and what are their regulations on DMRs?

Build it to be accepted at your most common site.

Comment

Hey Loki cheers for the quick reply and they allow locked off on semi-Auto 400-450 with a restricted engagement range of course

and i do like the m4 look so im tempted for an m16 base and work up from there ha

Comment

That is a smart choice as i assume you will already have suitable magazines and pouches

Comment

Yes i Have a warrior plate carrier with M4 Mag pouches

Comment

A nice long barrel M4 with the addition of a collapsable bi-pod and some decent optics should have it looking the part. Then you just need to make sure the internals are up to the job. Something i am woefully ill-prepared to advise you on i am afraid.

Comment

with regards to internals, get your airseal as good as you can get it. will mean you can put in a lower powered spring then normal to get your higher fps, meaning less strain on other internals
              For Sale!
              TM M870 with a load of stuff
              A&K massada sniper spec
              Chronograph
              leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

An M16 will probably be the best platform you could use considering the interchangeability of parts with your M4 and standard v2 gearbox, 7.62s have this annoying habit of being v6, v2.5, extended parts on a v2 or gas/spring.
                Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Okay thanks stephen i will do that make sure i have good air seal... could you recommend any manufactures that have a good standard gear set ???

Comment

And yeah Proto i think i will stick with an m16 as a base unit and build up any ideas on RIS systems to use ???

Comment

If you still like the idea of an M14 you could always consider an EBR? they don't look old fashioned, however; most come with a hefty price-tag

M16 always works, RIS/hand guard wise you could go for something like this:

cs-bm15pr-lg.jpg

I'm not sure what brand or model the hand guard is but I know loki had one a bit like it for a while

correction: the "Madbull Viking Tactics VTAC Battle Rail" is very similar to that in the picture
                      Last edited by The Airsoft Lad; 16 June, 2013, 21:19. Reason: found info
                      sigpic

Comment

if your starting from a new gun, you may want to consider an ICS for this build, if only for the fact that is has a spring release feature. once locked to semi, if the gearbox locks up, it will mean you wont have to open up your gearbox to unlock it, making life alot easier
                        For Sale!
                        TM M870 with a load of stuff
                        A&K massada sniper spec
                        Chronograph
                        leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Don't bother with an inner barrel thats longer than 455mm or so. At that point, any extra length makes no difference to the accuracy of the gun. Don't bother with a stupidly tight barrel either. A really good quality 6.05 (such as a PDI stainless steel) that has excellent production tolerances and concentricity will outshoot anything else (heck, PDI themselves even used to say that 6.01 was for power and 6.05 was for accuracy!)

Comment

how about a d-boys spr mod-0, nice looking (imho), pretty cheap, mainly metal, mine came with a harris style bipod fitted, usually a little hot straight out of the box but it has a full rear stock, plenty of room for a big battery as well as a plug & play mosfet to lock it to single shot.
                            so far the internals have been fine, although i've heard mixed opinions on this, but even if they go pop pretty much every brand is compatible with it.
                            stuck a magpul prs stock & a psg1 style pistol grip on mine, looks pretty good.
                            mark

Comment

Well guys thanks a lot for the feedback. I will be taking into account what you all have said and will let you guys know what i do and upload some pics haha
                              but anymore advice is welcome as i will be building it in the next couple of months

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JTM Find out more about JTM
                              Working...
                              X