Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AEP on the market?

Hi all,

Just a quick question as ive been out of the game a year or so. Im generally sick of gas guns atm and as i dont play as regularly anymore they have become a pain, but id still like a sidearm. Im looking at going into the AEP market, but from what I remember they were never very good.

So what would you say is the cream of the crop atm, if you would recommend any AEP?

Fraser
    CYMA AK-105 with Drum Mag / G&P SR-16 URX Shorty / TM PX4

Re: Best AEP on the market?

I'm fairly sure that they are basically all the same inner workings just with different bodies.

Aep's that i know of:- MP7, Scorpion VZ61, USP, G18c, Desert Eagle and i think maybe a Beretta 92fs or something. TM and Cyma seem to be the most common brands.

I personally have two Cyma dessies which have had countless rounds through them and are still going strong, they are lipo'd up using little turnigy 800mah 8.4v lipos which fit inside the slide(a problem for the other guns). The trigger response is amazing compared to any AEG i've shot and it will repeat as fast as i can spam the trigger. They are doing 14rps(i think) @ 210fps(plenty for a cqb primary so plenty for a sidearm).

I'd even use the the word crap to describe them on the standard batteries though and i think i'd even go as far as saying i wouldn't ever use another aep on them again

Hope that was some help

Comment

I've had all of the TM AEPs, and the USP is a nice gun. Metal slides are available for the Glock and USP, and there are ways of upping the power, but out of the box I found mine very hard to use in woodland. In CQB you could be ok, but 200 FPS just isn't usable for me at 20-30m.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
        I've had all of the TM AEPs, and the USP is a nice gun. Metal slides are available for the Glock and USP, and there are ways of upping the power, but out of the box I found mine very hard to use in woodland. In CQB you could be ok, but 200 FPS just isn't usable for me at 20-30m.
        Is a metal slide available for the Glock 18C AEP?

I've got a TM G18C AEP for autumn/winter and a GBB for spring/summer but I do agree with Apurturesci - 200 FPS just isn't enough generally - I'd recommend a GBB if I was only going to have one pistol.

I'm currently looking at upgrades for my AEP and found a thread with these items listed:
        PDI Tightbore 6.01 or 6.03
        Nine Ball Full Cylinder
        Stock TM Piston
        Nine Ball Piston Head
        Nine Ball Tappet Plate - This is a must if you are upgrading the spring
        Eagle6 Spring
        Nine Ball Spring Guide
        Kanzen AEP Bearings
        Firefly Hop Up Bucking
        Nine Ball Anti Reversal Latch
        Things I hate:
        1. People who hate things.
        2. Irony.
        3. Lists.

Comment

The TM MP7 is probably recognized as the best (compact, quiet, got rails, lots of upgrades available) but personally the TM Mac 10 is pretty hard to beat, its stupidly quiet with its suppressor and its mags hold the most out of TM's AEP's.

Out of the 3 smg AEP's the MP7 probably is the best all rounder.

I wouldn't count the pistol AEP's personally as GBB's are just more fun to use.
          > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Ive got a asg gbb mp9 and it is awesome better than any pistol ive had and the cold weather doesn't seem to affect it as much.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

TM were mean to make a Steyr TMP AEP but it was never released, as well as an M92f.

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
              Is a metal slide available for the Glock 18C AEP?
              Yep, Shooters Design make a metal slide for it, its around $65 and has some interesting extra trades:

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                TM were mean to make a Steyr TMP AEP but it was never released, as well as an M92f.

Yep, Shooters Design make a metal slide for it, its around $65 and has some interesting extra trades:

Unless you want it for the extra engravings I don't see the point of a metal slide for a non-blowback AEP?
                Things I hate:
                1. People who hate things.
                2. Irony.
                3. Lists.

Comment

Deagles have a metal slide standard, cyma ones at least. The weight is very similar to my TM GBB deagle so that may be the reason for it.

Comment

I've played with a TM Mac 11 and that was pretty magical out of the box. It wasn't shooting so hard but bb flatness, accuracy and range was commendable. I'd vouch you could rock that in woodland regardless of the relatively low power.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                      Unless you want it for the extra engravings I don't see the point of a metal slide for a non-blowback AEP?
                      Just makes it feel a lot better, bit more heft too. For £40 I would get one if I still had an AEP.

Originally posted by iNK View Post
                      I've played with a TM Mac 11 and that was pretty magical out of the box. It wasn't shooting so hard but bb flatness, accuracy and range was commendable. I'd vouch you could rock that in woodland regardless of the relatively low power.
                      I guess you mean MAC 10, the TM MAC 11 is a cheap EBB that puts out about 100 FPS
                      I used to use a TM M10, totally stock, for woodland. Low FPS, but considering the range, how quiet it was and the 480 round hi caps, it was good fun to use. I was going to get the Laylax/PDI RIS kit, but for £100 or so it's a little expensive. Shame nobody makes metal receivers or anything for it.

Comment

I second the above comments about the mac10 I have a TM one and happily take it out on woodland days, range is fantastic on .25s and although the energy in the BB is low, you can hit them with a few BBs easily due to the brilliant accuracy, making it easy for the opposition to know when they are hit.
                        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

From personal experience, and seeing a massive smile on my girlfriend's face from using it, the TM MP7 AEP:

-It chrono'd at a lovely, low 249.7-250 FPS on .20's, so fantastic shot-to-shot consistency
                          -It was outranging my project M4, the only thing I could match it with, was my TM MK.23 SOCOM (the chrono range at my regular site has a white gas canister marked at 30 metres, which also marks the other end of the chrono range. It was going past it, and hitting the trees behind it with plenty of regular monotony).
                          -The trigger response is a little bit slow, but if that's not a concern, and you don't mind a stock TM AEP, me and the missus would definitely be happy to recommend it!
                          -The batteries may not have a high Milliamp Hour (MaH) rating, but she managed to make just one fully charged battery, last all day long, and we packed four charged batteries in total, just in case, and believe me, she was working the gun overtime all day long.
                          -And the best part is (for her anyway), it's so comfortable and lightweight, you can easily carry it in your hands all day without even needing a sling.

This is just my thoughts, and a quick, brief overview from her experience, plus mine.
                          Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FraserM92 Airsofter for over 4 years Find out more about FraserM92
                          Working...
                          X