Gas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas!

Hi peeps just purchased a hi-capa 5.1 as I got moand at for shotting the site boss with my vsr10 from about 10 feet away in the back, so he advised me to get a handgun lol. Just wondering what the best gas people would recommend to use??

Re: Gas!!!!

Who makes it? Regardless, Propane?Green Gas is probably suitable whatever it is.

Comment

Tm.

Comment

metal slide? Propane with regular maintenance to the mags. Abs slide? Use 144a. Apparently they tend to blow the plastic slides off after a bit of use

Either way make sure you maintain the internals as many threads about gbb guns will explain
        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Yeh metal slide and fully upgraded also came with plastic slide aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoc View Post
            metal slide? Propane with regular maintenance to the mags. Abs slide? Use 144a. Apparently they tend to blow the plastic slides off after a bit of use
            This rarely, if ever, actually happens - the TM Hi Capas are pretty good on powerful gasses, just like the 1911s that will cycle really slowly on 144a. I have never seen a Hi Capa or 1911 style TM break it's slide, or blow it off the rails etc. - TM Glocks can do this, as can some others, but not the 1911s. I would say if it's metal, get either Green Gas/Propane, or Guarder Powerful gas for even more kick. With the plastic, Green Gas/Propane is ok, but if you want to be safe use Abbey Ultra.

Comment

Found a post from tiercel by searching the tech forums so ill quote here for you
              Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
              Im pretty sure there was a topic on this not so long ago... I'll see if I can dig it up

EDIT: Ok aparantly not, seeing as Im not allowed to link to other airsoft forums, I'll copypaste the pistol maintainance thread from my local site's forums. I take no credit for this, all credit goes to my local site's tech wizard.

1, Always keep the pistol clean. If you drop it or get it covered in mud after
              crawling through the undergrowth then DO NOT fire it in an attempt to blow
              the mud out of the barrel. Clean it before using again, firing the gun with a
              blocked barrel can result in broken seals.

2, Even though gases have a lubricant in them this does not mean you never have
              to lubricate them yourself. If you use Propane then this job is even more
              important.

3, Maintenance of this sort does not require the complete stripping down of the
              pistol, just the removal of the slide. As most pistols need the slide to be
              removed to adjust the Hop this is not made difficult.

4, On the pistol there are just 3 places that need lubricating (a) The piston seal.
              (b) the nozzle guides. (c) the slide rails. The pictures below show a Marui
              Glock and where to add the oil, the white marker shows the points to oil. Most
              pistols have a similar lay out so do not differ from the pictures much.

5, Use a good quality lubricant as this will prolong the life of your pistol. DO NOT
              use an oil with silicon in it as this goes sticky when exposed to the ingredients
              in the gas. I use 'Finish Line' cross country synthetic bicycle lubricant, available
              from Halfords for around £5, this will last me around a year and I work on a lot
              of pistols in a year, so should last ages if its just for 1 or 2 guns.

6, DO NOT use a lot of oil when lubricating, just a couple of drops.

7, Use either a rag or kitchen roll to clean the gun before you lube it.

8, ALWAYS leave some gas in the magazines when not in use, otherwise the seals
              will dry out and shrink causing the mag to leak when next filled with gas.

9, NEVER, NEVER EVER press the valve on the back of the mag to release gas, this
              will blow the seals off the valve and possibly damage them. Replacement seals
              are very very difficult to get. You either have to buy upgraded valves or at
              worst a complete new mag.

10, Treat these guns with respect, dropping them will break them, so will
              miss-treating them. Getting them fixed will cost money.
              If you are airsofting on a budget this is the last thing you need.
              Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
              And heres an idiot-proof diagram to show exactly where needs to be lubed

Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

That is extreamly helpful nice one for the info. No I also no where to get the oil from aswell. Sweet.

Comment

Only time i have seen a 1911 blow off the rails is when the slide bar inside the slide itself is removed... because i did it to plonk it on a capa lower.

Aside from that, Green Gas/Propane in TM's all day long. I dont use anything but.

Gas Gun failures are mainly from poor maintainance, idiot users and crap lubricant. Not from the gas.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
                    Only time i have seen a 1911 blow off the rails is when the slide bar inside the slide itself is removed... because i did it to plonk it on a capa lower.

Aside from that, Green Gas/Propane in TM's all day long. I dont use anything but.

Gas Gun failures are mainly from poor maintainance, idiot users and crap lubricant. Not from the gas.
                    after minor use on propane ive seen a brand new tm g26 slide being malformed. The part of the slide that locks back on empty was taking such a beating It was also failing to engage on propane. Ive heard and read many a time that theyre not built to withstand propane so use with caution. As for most failures being down to the owner being an idiot id agree to that
                    Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Yeah my desert eagle is eating away its slide stop, joys of plastic againt a sharp piece of metal but when it eventually stops working, i will just file it back to a nice square.

But yeah the force of the slide being thrown about causes that a lot, especially if you have an upgraded recoil spring too.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_boy85 View Post
                        Yeah my desert eagle is eating away its slide stop, joys of plastic againt a sharp piece of metal but when it eventually stops working, i will just file it back to a nice square.

But yeah the force of the slide being thrown about causes that a lot, especially if you have an upgraded recoil spring too.
                        id never bother swapping the slide out till it actually broke
                        Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Im not swapping it out, just re filing away the slide slot to sqaure again instead of the mangled mess it becomes lol.

I find it happens more to slides that have cuts for the stop, like 226's, desert eagles etc, the 1911/Capa ones last ages.

Comment

Originally posted by airsoc View Post
                            after minor use on propane ive seen a brand new tm g26 slide being malformed. The part of the slide that locks back on empty was taking such a beating It was also failing to engage on propane. Ive heard and read many a time that theyre not built to withstand propane so use with caution. As for most failures being down to the owner being an idiot id agree to that
                            That happens on 134a/144a, or even if you don't shoot it at all. It's plastic vs metal so the slide catch notch wears away in no time. TM Glocks aren't the best for powerful gas though, regardless of the slide catch problem - they can blow the slides off, and the frames crack inside easily where the screws go in. Similar problem happen with the 5-7 and XDM. Interestingly, most TM guns based on a full metal pistol, like the 1911 and P226 are simply stronger, even though still plastic, than those based polymer framed models.

Comment

See i find the newer TM stuff to be much weaker than the older stuff. Just in general.

I have seen more Glocks, PX4's and 5-7's break than i ever have 226's and 1911/Capas. If the 226 or capa did break, its becasue A) they were older than the user or B) poor ownership. The others just broke in general, cracks, breakages etc. Quite disconcerting to me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lutonthrunthru Find out more about Lutonthrunthru
                              Working...
                              X