Detonics Holsters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detonics Holsters?

Hopefuly in the next few days I should be getting myself an Army armarments Detonics (i.e. a clone TM detonics)
    Does anyone have any suggestions for what does and doesn't work when it comes to holsters for these? I know that 1911 holsters should be a good start, but I suspect the different rear sight placement may cause issues with some models.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Re: Detonics Holsters?

I would assume size would be a problem too?

I thought they was the tiny version of a 1911?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt3033 View Post
      I would assume size would be a problem too?

I thought they was the tiny version of a 1911?
      As far as I know yes, in that it's got a shorter barrel/slide and also a shorter grip (although that makes no real difference since most holsters don't go near the grip). Everything else is the same size wise.
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

If you buy a blackhawk or IMI one, the rear sight doesnt really play a part in the holstering, and if it does, a small edit with a dremel will sort that. The lower part of the frame is the same size i believe, its just the slide and grip thats different.

So it should fit in a 1911 holster from the off.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Yes it's just a cut down 1911, so any molded holsters should be fine.

Comment

Fair enough, didn't realise it was a cut down version, I thought the whole thing was just like shrunk lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt3033 View Post
              Fair enough, didn't realise it was a cut down version, I thought the whole thing was just like shrunk lol
              Luckily it's not, so you can use loads of 1911/Hi Capa parts on it which is useful. I wish someone would make a scaled down one though, like a SIG P238.

Comment

Retention holsters don't like the detonics, they are too short.
                I've tried fobus and blackhawk versions, so far I haven't found a holster that works.

- - - Updated - - -

Retention holsters don't like the detonics, they are too short.
                I've tried fobus and blackhawk versions, so far I haven't found a holster that works.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've tried a TM Detonics into my genuine Blackhawk Serpa and it fitted fine with no wiggle, wobbles or worries.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried a TM Detonics into my genuine Blackhawk Serpa and it fitted fine with no wiggle, wobbles or worries.
                  I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda
                  SKADOOSH!

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                    Luckily it's not, so you can use loads of 1911/Hi Capa parts on it which is useful. I wish someone would make a scaled down one though, like a SIG P238.

I like that!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Tried detonics in IMI, Blackhawk and Fobus and they all worked perfectly

Comment

Originally posted by Panda View Post

- - - Updated - - -

ditto, bladetech one too

Comment

I bought a leather shoulder holster for a small pistol off ebay for mine and used leather stretcher to mould it to the pistol - works great and doesnt cost a bomb!

Comment

ive tested a detonics in a real serpa and fits perfect no wobble nothing

Comment

Never had an issue with my Detonics in any 1911 moulded holster it has been in.

The rear sight placement is not that severe and many moulded holsters would have to have the sights right behind the ejection port or on the wrong side of it to be an issue.

Personally I carry mine in a custom leather holster, bikini style with a 15 degree cant. Leather compact holsters work a treat with the Detonics and look the business.

'FireKnife'
                              68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                              Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobthebuilder Find out more about bobthebuilder
                              Working...
                              X