Private game this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private game this weekend.

I've got a private game this weekend at my mate's place. No rules, as such, we're all mates, there are 8 of us.

It's a decent plot, river running through it, bridge over the river, old farm buildings, lots of wooded area, long grassy meadow, home built bunker, big kids 2 story wendy house. Playing with game ideas, such as:

Cops + Robbers.

6 cops vs 2 robbers. The cops only have pistols and shot guns, the robbers have whatever they want to use. Robber have to get loot to the hide out. Cops have unlimited respawns, robbers only one medic pouch each.

Black Hawk Down:

1 injured pilot who can only belly crawl with SMG. 2 special ops, one with high powered sniper the other with upgraded AEG, limited supply of ammo. The old wendy house is the crashed chopper. 5 savages with bog standard out the box AEGs, shot guns etc, timed event, see which downed crew can last longest.

Reason for this thread?

If you had an interesting plot of land, just your mates playing, some of them noobs, what game ideas would you like to play?

It's in middle of nowhere and we could use my old car to make things interesting. (Honestly autoglass, those chips in the glass were from a gritter, yes I know it's June no idea what it was doing!)

Could be anything, let your imagination run wild...
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Private game this weekend.

Sounds fun...... A word of caution though - Only use the car on roads or tracks, or better yet, not at all.

Our insurance company nearly had a heart attack when we mentioned the use of vehicles (I know your are private) but if a guy was concealed either deliberately or you simply didn't see him and ran over him there is a massive s*** storm to be had.

With the small numbers i think you would have more fun doing the short timed events. Fast and furious with a level of competition and bragging rights.

Black hawk down scenario applied to various themes should see you all shot to hell, knackered and pleased with a fun days shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
      Sounds fun...... A word of caution though - Only use the car on roads or tracks, or better yet, not at all.

Our insurance company nearly had a heart attack when we mentioned the use of vehicles (I know your are private) but if a guy was concealed either deliberately or you simply didn't see him and ran over him there is a massive s*** storm to be had.

With the small numbers i think you would have more fun doing the short timed events. Fast and furious with a level of competition and bragging rights.

Black hawk down scenario applied to various themes should see you all shot to hell, knackered and pleased with a fun days shooting.
      Thanks for getting involved in the thread Loki, appreciate your input!

Hear you on the car idea, but we're mates, we know the risks. We won't do anything crazy. Well we might, but hell that's the joy of a private game :-D
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Good luck.

Some photos would be cool too if you'd be so kind.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
          Good luck.

Some photos would be cool too if you'd be so kind.
          Will do, camera packed...

Comment

we started that way just 4 of us and used to do two on two ,two hiding the other two hunting , long games and the suspense was awesome.

Comment

Howdy guy I just bought a glock mag from :D

I think you're going down the right path already with roleplay. The smaller the game and the better the guys know each other, the more you can impose special conditions and flavours to increase variety and get some games that you'd never play on a bog standard skirmish day. An idea I have been entertaining purely for thought has been a filmsim game in which one side is actually given free reign to NOT take scattered hits--they are under the influence of combat drugs or are wearing heavy armor and will only go down with sustained fire.

If I had the facilities I'd set up a heist movie scenario. 3 bank robbers against a number of cops--the 3 guys have set objectives and have to complete them in sequence against a time limit with unlimited respawns and ammo. However I would give each one a secret optional objective, each having a different way of covertly double crossing their heist buddies, so they want to both complete the heist and be the only one left standing with the loot. Guy 1 might want to sabotage the second getaway car, guy 2 might want to plant trackers on his friends, and guy 3 might simply shoot both players during the escape.

Alternatively, you could look to video games for your inspiration. The AirsoftGI crew ran a 4 on 4 game of Scouts & Knives, which classic CS players will recognize immediately. You could get some cardboard targets and set up assault courses a la AIPSC or The Pit from any of the Modern Warfare games. Your players could split up into pairs and run 4 way TDM such as in Gears of War or Army of Two.

Comment

Indeed Cackling Hawk, got it sat here in front of me, just need to get away from my desk and to the PO...

Love these ideas guys, keep them coming! As The Hawk has pointed out the options for games you can't normally run at a public event are endless.

Terminator game?

Get padded up, have to shoot him till he yields? Human resistance has no respawn...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                Working...
                X