Drum Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Magazines

First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,' so that I can start this thread with it. I miss that badboy.

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting a drum, or more accurately, a 'C' or 'S' magazine for my G&P M4 variant. I have 6 (or seven?) mid-cap magazines, and can't stand to carry any more. But I think I need more ammo. I'm firing too conservatively.
    I also think the drum mags look cool. With my M203 it should look like a beast.

What are the pros and cons?
    What types are there? I've played with a button-electric-winding one, and the noise was just awful. Any that you just wind once?
    Do they jam often? Do they rattle?

Cheers.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Re: Drum Magazines

Box mags should only be fitted to one thing and one thing only, support weapons. If you have a shrike then thats forgivable.
    If ammo is an issue get hicap mags, they may not be the coolest thing ever and some people may say no no no, but remind them that M4s do not have boxmags IRL at least a hicap looks like a proper magazine.

Just say NO, to becoming a boxmag hero.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

no offense mate but you really haven't helped there.

i am getting a drum magazine. i wasn't asking if i should or not. i appreciate your opinion, maybe other players on the field will feel the same, but i've made up my mind.

hi-caps also rattle. there's no discussion there. they sound silly when you run. they just do. i might look silly with my drum, but i'll hear you coming toward me a mile away, and shoot you with the million or so bbs hugging the bottom of my rifle.

so, leaving 'boxmags' and hicaps aside. please give me some information on drum magazines for the m4/m16. thanks.

Comment

personally dont care but some people will because it detracts from realism something our sport prides itself on but adds to the uberness of it

So WASSUP
        Originally posted by LeeBristolAirsoft
        Seriously.... WTH?
        Tenth Prestige!
        http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60213
        http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=424466

Comment

You can get sound driven ones but if you have a high rof then don't bother as they won't be able to keep up. Though there are different types and styles of "box" mags... If you wanna keep some realism to your weapon then may I suggest either the hero arms or battleaxe m4 mags? Normally around 800 rounds or so, and they come in both sound driven and mousetail switch form. Beware though that if you go c-mag style you will be sacrificing your dump pouch to store it. Hope this helps
          Snakeh
          sigpic
          Mercs Boss
          Armoury:
          ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

no offence taken mate. The laylax boxmags are ok, but I think again quite noisy, then again box/drum mags arent the quietist thing ever and the do rattle when you move, thats the kinetics of 2500rounds in lose fashion in a large box. So Ill hear you coming first.:D
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
              and the do rattle when you move, thats the kinetics of 2500rounds in lose fashion in a large box. So Ill hear you coming first.:D
              not always true :-p my old c-mag had a spring powered "plate" behind the ammo to a)ensure it fed all the rounds in the drum and b) stop the rattle lol. I can see that not being the case with the 4-5000rnd boxes though, as they are literally just that... A box lol
              sigpic
              Mercs Boss
              Armoury:
              ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

Originally posted by casshern View Post
                First of all, we should bring back the phrase 'Whasssup,' so that I can start this thread with it. I miss that badboy.
                HAHAHAHA, uve just mad my day cassern.:D.

yeh some sites will only allow support guns with a box mag.
                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Most HK box mags I've found have been terrible. Shoddy wiring and p*** poor motors so they hardly feed.
                  It sucks hard because I'm also looking for one that works without a pressure pad for my MGS3 Patriot.

I've heard good things about the STAR one, it auto winds but its really expensive, and out of stock everywhere.
                  Last edited by sj_asc; 25 February, 2010, 00:39. Reason: Inappropriate Language
                  SAVE OUR SPORT
                  http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Got a Star one for my G36 (the M4/M16 one is the same just a different "mag" area to slot in) the thing is stunning, feeds flawlessly on a 9.6 battery, auto winds with no need to push down a pad like most of the new ones/clones. Also you can not hear the winding over the AEG's own motor/gearbox sound. Last of all for something that holds about 2500 BB's there is little to none rattle not sure how this is managed but love it. Picked mine up second hand as someone has said before you just can't get hold of them new any more.
                    Last edited by ThePope; 22 February, 2010, 12:26.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Box mags should only be fitted to one thing and one thing only, support weapons. If you have a shrike then thats forgivable.
                      If ammo is an issue get hicap mags, they may not be the coolest thing ever and some people may say no no no, but remind them that M4s do not have boxmags IRL at least a hicap looks like a proper magazine.

Just say NO, to becoming a boxmag hero.
                      Just thought id throw it in here but standard magazines are BOX magazines, an m4 uses a standard 30rnd BOX mag.

And also the man was talking DRUM, mahooosive difference.

The c-mag was made for military use but was supposed to be unreliable in the conditions used.

Anyhow i have a star S-mag for my g36 and its pretty damn good ive used it in about 4-5 skirmishes and it only ever jammed on me 3 times in one day but that was down to a stray bb getting stuck in the gears, i only realised what it was at the end of the day when i open it up.

I agree with everything the pope said (apart from the 9.6v battery as i have never tried it)
                      The nice thing about the star version is no wires.

So in conclusion get one if you can find one, i will if another comes up cheap

Comment

i been using one of these for over a year,never had an issue,holds 800rds,auto wind,its the only mag i use,and you fill it on the gun too.so no mags to swap/lose!!oh and its rechargable too.

old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

OK Pro's and Con's of a C-Mag on an M4?

Pro's: Carry a fair few rounds in one mag, can turn a g36e in an MG36.

Con's: Frowned upon in the sport unless its for a support weapon or type weapon, Tendancy to jam, Rattle like hell because of 3000+ rounds, Very hard to find a pouch etc to fit them in when you want to use normal mags

My Advice, Get a Battleaxe M4 mag, fair its 700 rounds but works better and doesn't look as stupid on a normal M4, also if you are running high ROF drum mag's will not keep up so you need to either continue using mid's and reload in the field or move onto high's. I would recommend if you dont like high caps get a couple of the M4 mag sized speedloader's and carry them in a double m4 pouch, they are a fair few rounds in them for your mids not just 90/100 more like 200/300.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

yeah i have those mag speed loaders, and i've cushoned the inside so they don't rattle. they work pretty well so far, but i still fancy a drum. i can't see why so many people are against them. alot of what people carry is unrealistic and just for fun...

if i can find a star one then, i'll go for that. they might have them over here. thanks for the recommendation. i do have a nice drop pouch it can go into, as well as another larger pouch. i don't think that will cause a problem.

but yea, i'm not getting a box mag, as in an m249 style on, i'm getting a drum, which coils the bbs in and hopefully won't rattle. not sure i'm into that double mag thing...

Comment

I've gotta agree with you casshern. It's your money so spend it on what YOU want. & to whichever muppet it was saying "airsoft is realistic" needs a harsh reality session, there's very little realistic about airsoft. This sport used to be about having fun, now it seems you're only a hardcore airsofter if you carry 20 rounds around with you, that's the main reason I'm quitting this sport after 10years of spending & playing . .. p***es me off . . . Anyway, yeah, box mags lol. Awesome if you just want to rinse loads of rounds off, just remember they're bulky & will add a fair amount of weight to the middle of your M4
                              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Laughing Man i want you to hit me, as hard as you can.. Find out more about The Laughing Man
                              Working...
                              X