Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Classic Army DSA SA-58, Anyone had any experience with these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Army DSA SA-58, Anyone had any experience with these?

Hi guys, just a quick thread to ask for peoples experiences and opinions on the Classic Army DSA SA-58. Not the OSW (folding stock), ideally the Carbine. But experiences/opinions on the full length are also welcome.

I ask as im looking to get a new marksman AEG for Urban Assault. And this is my first choice for a platform to ramp up to 400fps (site limit for semi-auto AEG on a normal gameday).

I do know that theyre pretty much ready for the conversion, as they have metal gear bushings, a 7mm gearbox, and have a decent motor. Im thinking however of replacing the motor with a Systema, adding a tightbore barrel, new hop rubber, and running on a standard 9.6v. Probably put .36's through it.

As for the scope, ill be putting an ELCAN on it. 4x zoom is more than enough for the average engagement distances ill be working at. And it looks rather nice on the SA-58.

Now im not looking for alternate suggestions; as i know people will immediately push the TM M14 Socom instead, but i already have a Mk14 EBR. Nor do i want an M16 DMR, as i already have an M16 and fancy something different.

So what im after is any reviews or opinions on how reliable and accurate it is, and its general effectiveness as a skirmish weapon.

Thanks guys.
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Re: Classic Army DSA SA-58, Anyone had any experience with these?

been looking into these, however one issue i have found, is i cant seem to find any mid/low caps,

Comment

There is a place i found that sells 120 round midcaps. $22 a mag. We have a 2 mag maximum for snipers at Urban Assault, so including shipping im playing for less than £40 (aside the cost of the gun).
      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

It's a very solidly built AEG externally (i've had the full length and the carbine).

Internally it's a v3 gearbox, the motor on mine was a hi speed - a CA high torque one would be a better bet for your needs.
        Bearing's were 7 mm solid bushings - better for durability over ball race bearings.
        the rest of the internals were up to the job as well - certainly good enough for your needs.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fenriz Old enough to know better. Find out more about Fenriz
        Working...
        X