Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second hand sales

hello,

i really want to sell some old airsoft gear including several rifles but i really dont want to send this stuff through the post. I know there's a boot sale in august or something like that but i have my eyes set on a new gun and i need the money from a clearout to afford it so would prefer not to have to wait that long (and miss the summer, such as it is) :P

i used to frequent a site i have since moved away from that did a lunch time bring and buy on one of their normal game days. Wasnt alot of people, just a normal site full but i picked up some good gear at good prices.

Anyone know of any upcoming second hand sales like this? be it a dedicated sale or just a game day bring and buy? The sooner the better.

Why not posting? All you have to is wrap it up in a box and drive down to the post office... You'll increase your customer market by 100s.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: Second hand sales

Provided you do not post pyrotechnics or pressurised containers (including filled gas mags) just about everything else is perfectly legal to post.

Comment

well, for example every time i sell something of significant size i always end up mis-judging the postage cost to my cost. Then there's the case of what the hell do i put them in? I cant think of anywhere near me that would sell a box a convenient size for a rifle. And then there's the stuff itself....one rifle would prob be fine but i have an old AA l85 that whilst ok, i really would prefer a buyer to see it first hand. Also i have a Beretta pistol that's banged up and whatnot, and whilst in working order, again id like the buyer to see exactly what they would be getting and im not sure i can portray it well enough with just photos.

also, whilst i know its legal and fine to post...cant help feeling that should one of these pass through a x-ray - that will be the last that's seen of it

Comment

It would only pass through an x ray if you attempt to post it overseas. Even if it did pass through and they have a look at it, if you include your defense details and a small note with contact details inside. They can't hold it from you.

Box wise, it's worth going to supermarkets or any store really and offering to take away their boxes. I've done it many a time with no issues...and the end of the day they're not losing out, in fact you are taking away their rubbish.

As for the issue of condition of items, just photo it clearly with clear descriptions, and make sure the buyer knows it is sold as seen.

If you are still put off by posting, then your best bet is putting them up on here and putting it as collection only. People will travel if you have something they want.

Comment

lol

1. Go to the super market - they normally have loads of boxes of various sizes they are giving away.
            2. Wrap the stuff and take it to the post office and and ask them to quote you on postage... now you know exactly how much it will be.
            3. Describe your items honestly
            4. Take lots of photos
            5. Offer collection as an alternative

Or you can sit on your stuff and miss out on the biggest target audience there is... Internet forums.
            Busy game day = 100 potential customers, forums equal thousands of potential customers.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
            Working...
            X