Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scope for TM VSR-10

Hey all,

What do you think to the "NCS 3-9x40 Rubber Armoured Mil-Dot Scope with Red/Green Illumination" scope on Z1, would that compliment the TM VSR-10 well?

Id like to get a scope when buying the rifle, but im unsure whats best to go with it, I heard the 3-9x40 was a decent scope for the normal use?

Cheers for any advice!
    Adam

Re: Scope for TM VSR-10

Whats your budget, and stay away from overpriced airsoft makes such as guarder (KA m3 replica is an exception but still not advised)

for airsoft use you can buy a richter optik 3-9x40 for £21 or so and is fine for airsoft, glass is clear enough.

but again whats your budget.

Comment

Hey, well under £50 preferably!

The name of the scope on Z1 was to give you a rought idea, cheers!

Comment

For £50? ill pm you with a link to a simmons 8 point 3-9x40 you will need to sort rings out though, but seriously you wont be annoyed with the quality of the Simmons, best glass in the £100 price point (and below obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
          Whats your budget, and stay away from overpriced airsoft makes such as guarder (KA m3 replica is an exception but still not advised)
          Why on earth would you say that? Theres nothing wrong with them, i have a Guarder ELCAN and its worth every penny.

And i actually have a King Arms M3 Replica for my EBR, and i couldnt recommend it enough. Absolutely stunning scope.
          AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Elcan is a battle sight slight difference.

Fenriz look down a MTC series scope which is around the same price point as a king arms and then say that, it looks nice for sure but i am 100% sure the glass isnt as good as the looks. And im not prepared to get into a argument about it either.

anyway bandeen you dont need to worry too much but if you want clarity go for either that simmons or if not search richter optik 3-9x40 mil dot.

Comment

I actually have been involved in shooting for a number of years now, so know a little about good and bad scopes. And i can tell you now, the King Arms is a very good scope for its price point; its one of the reasons i bought it.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I would ask what did you shoot but to be honest that conversation will land us infractions. so i wont follow on further.

Bandeen best of luck to you and whatever you decide to purchase.

come to realize that the KA m3 can be found at like £50 to £60 *facepalm* not £90+ as ive seen before.
                Last edited by LtPurcy; 22 February, 2010, 18:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                  I actually have been involved in shooting for a number of years now, so know a little about good and bad scopes. And i can tell you now, the King Arms is a very good scope for its price point; its one of the reasons i bought it.
                  so has purcy mate - and so have I.

care to tell us what makes a bad scope then?

OP - I can only advice what I know. Not heard of NCS in the shooting world - but it would appear that I have been out of the loop for some time now, yet they do not appear on a website I know and trust.

one can only assume that they are re-brands of other makes or chinese made.

personally I would avoid airsoft specific scopes. unless you particularly want the reticule they offer.

illuminated scopes have their uses - but unless you plan on doing a lot in low light environments then I would say it is just a feature that could go wrong.
                  looks cool but imo not much use.

a 3-9x40 is a fairly standard scope - and would be perfectly adequate for what you want. no need to go any bigger than that.

I prefer a fixed magnification for airsoft but it's a personal preference.

I shall PM you a link to the website I can whole heartedly recommend.

- take a look at my sniping tactics thread in the tactics section if you haven't already.
                  mac
                  Originally posted by Coz
                  Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                    come to realize that the KA m3 can be found at like £50 to £60 *facepalm* not £90+ as ive seen before.
                    This would be my point, at over £90 id agree it was overpriced. But at £60 all in its a sterling scope.

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                    so has purcy mate - and so have I.

care to tell us what makes a bad scope then?
                    No need to be so condescending.

Plenty of things make a bad scope. But the things i look for are good clarity, rock solid focusing, and unobtrusive reticules.

One of the reasons i bought the M3 replica. Simple and effectively illuminated reticule, good clarity, and it hasnt shifted since ive set it, not once. And to be honest, it looks awesome. For £60 i cant ask for more.
                    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

well you can't complain at that I suppose.

I look for a solid and well built scope with good clarity. I want a 30mm one piece tube on my air rifle but it gets a bit pricey.

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

personally i like a 50mm scope, i play in a dark forest and the more light i can get in the better

Comment

You dont even need 50mm objectives even in your dark forest because your not ranging out to distances where you need it.

Comment

I use a 3-9x50 Tasco scope.. never had a problem and works perfectly for me.

Steve
                            My Armory:
                            ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

You don't even need a scope on an airsoft gun for anything more than looks, so optical clarity is a bit of a null point. If you can see through it, fair enough.

Go for something you think looks cool.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bandeen Find out more about Bandeen
                              Working...
                              X