Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• think ive been had over.... need advice

firstly.... hello all!

i dont normally frequent fourms, but im in need of some advice (and looking around i might be able to give a fair bit too).

ive bought.... well, paid for a pistol from the ads on another fourm. it was supposed to have been sent out on monday but hasnt arrived yet. at first the seller was responding to messages but now i havnt heard from him for a few days now.

the only saving grace hopefully is that i used paypal (i didnt gift it) which debited my visa debit card so hopefully either paypal or visa will sort it.

ive started a dispute in the paypal resolution centre. i can escalate this into a claim in about an hour or so but ive been reading confilicting info with regards to being able to claim money back from airsoft purchases.

while i appreciate i probably shouldnt have ordered somthing from a seller with very little reputation, it is done now and i would appreciate any help anyone can give on this matter.

pee'd off is an understatment

the main thing i need advice for, is before i escalate the dipsute to a claim, is there anything i should know about the information i give to paypal regarding airsoft sales? some people say its ok, others say they have failed to recieve any money from paypal claims?

any help on this matter will be well appreciated

evo

Re: think ive been had over.... need advice

DO NOT MENTION RIF OR FIREARM.

PayPal will chin you off at the very mention of it being gun shaped! Any information should be a working model or sporting goods

Comment

People often post things late. Chill and ask the guy when you can expect it.

Comment

the guy isnt replying to messages or emails.

the last message i recieved was last monday saying it had been sent first class and will have it wednesday. ive sent a few messages now asking for further information and hes not got back to me yet.

it may well be a fault with the courior. but until he startes responding to emails, im gonna presume ive been ripped.

ive escalated the paypal dispute to a claim so hopefully they'll sort it.

Comment

Are you sure you not being to hasty on thinking you've been ripped. What if the poor bloke is busy with work or personal life then gets back to a bombardment of emails and message and PayPal on his tail?.
          Wait it out mate, I've had tracked parcels take 3-4 days before.

Comment

you might be right, and hopefully it will turn up. but this is the 6th day now since it was sent and still nothing.

ive made it clear in the emails that if it turns up or he starts to repsond then i will back off.

like i said, i came on here for advice and everything you guys have said is taken on board. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by andy evo View Post

like i said, i came on here for advice and everything you guys have said is taken on board. cheers
              Send me money too..........lots and lots of money!

I kid, I kid!* I've had two similar deals where I posted PF24 and it took over a week for the parcels to get delivered. They make it overly complicated to claim compensation for it, and hope you give up on it. You've initiated a PayPal claim now anyway, so I'd let that run its course.

* I may not be kidding.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                Send me money too..........lots and lots of money!

BAMF Tax, You need to start payment on your 5th post on this forum.

Comment

Iv been waiting on a pistol from a guy on here!(for well over a mounth now )
                  Me being me and still having faith in humanity, am under the impression it will still be coming and he is jus busy but it's really annoying when people don't reply to pms, you don't mind waiting if your in the loop !!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andy evo Find out more about andy evo
                  Working...
                  X