Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Question regarding defence of purchase - Not a VCRA question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding defence of purchase - Not a VCRA question!

Im in the process of selling a gun, and had a pm from somebody on the site. Here is an extract:

'I'm Comrade in Arms and AFRA registered for my cover on defence'

I have no idea what either of these are, and would they be adequate cover of defense for the purchase of a RIF?

Thanks!
    Hoggy

Re: Question regarding defence of purchase - Not a VCRA question!

hes registered for reinactment so should be covered,
    just checked stands for (all fronts reinactment association) so is covered to buy rifs, comrade in arms is a ww2 airsoft association
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Roger that, thanks for speedy reply!
      Noticed your at Calne. Im about 10 minutes down the road from you feller! In Corsham!

Comment

If that is an exact abstract, I'd be worried. The grammar suggests non English, and unless you selling a period piece, I'm not sure the defence would be sufficient.

(i.e) A Napoleonic re-enacter does not have the defence to purchase a modern RIF (I'd say)

Anyway, seek some kind of proof before making a sale. Otherwise it may come bite you on the ass.

Comment

no probs hoggy i go to gz woodland usually with nick from zero1 and the rest of team bob.
          and both the associations your buyer mentioned are bonafied reinactment groups for ww2 events
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Weapons pre-dating 1871 (or a very close year) arnt included in the VCRB, so a Napoleonic re-enacter doesnt need a defense, im pretty sure- the re-enactors who do need a defense are the WW2 and WW1 ones
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

im pretty sure its 1873 ,ww1&2 reinacators definatly need one

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
                Weapons pre-dating 1871 (or a very close year) arnt included in the VCRB, so a Napoleonic re-enacter doesnt need a defense, im pretty sure- the re-enactors who do need a defense are the WW2 and WW1 ones

Kind of missed my point there. What I was trying to say if that the buyer might only be covered for their type of re-enactment. I'll change my example here, so say he is a WW2 re-enactment member. I was questioning if that defence would cover him to purchase a non period gun, such as a P90?!

I don't know either way, but my advice to the seller would be to check.

Comment

if hes registered in an insured and registered reinactment group he can buy any weapon he wishes, its not limited to the type they carry out

Comment

Could be time travelling nazis... My uncle is a ww2 reinactor and he says he has sufficient defence for rifs. Do you have to check the reinactment database?
                    ----------------
                    Armoury

JG Krinkov
                    DE M47 Shotgun
                    Jieke P355 Mod

Comment

Its not a dig at the buyer, its just something i hadnt heard of before! Its just i dont want to be breaking the law, what with all the problems that have been associated with the VCRA and how people have been making accusations on the forum of under age sales etc, regardless of if there genuine or not!
                      Like has been said, id rather check and be sure than get a) myself into trouble b)the forum into trouble c) Airsofting into trouble!

Comment

The statue has exemptions for film, tv, theatre, reenactment and skirmishing, no specified details re period, obviously you have to satisfy yourself the "defense" is valid

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hoggy21 Find out more about hoggy21
                        Working...
                        X