Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Most common way of restricting full auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most common way of restricting full auto?

Out of interest as I may be getting a rifle that has been restricted to semi, but I would be wanting to downgrade and put back to auto?

I heard that a lot of people tap a screw into the gearbox shell to stop the selector from moving to auto, or they modify the selector plate in some way. Just interested in trying to find out what I would be getting myself into

Rifle in Question is an SL-9.

Cheers,
    Weapons of Choice:
    G&G SOC-16
    Socom Gear NOVAK neXt 1911
    JG - AK47 tactical
    VFC Scar - L
    Custom Benelli M3 Super 90

Re: Most common way of restricting full auto?

I would've thought a mosfet?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
      I would've thought a mosfet?
      Yeh there is that propper option too lol, but aparantly it doesn't have one at the moment, but is having one fitted.

How would a mosfet lock it out of interest
      Weapons of Choice:
      G&G SOC-16
      JG - AK47 tactical
      VFC Scar - L

Comment

If the MOSFET is programmed to yes.

Comment

"MOSFET" is often used out of context to describe a MOSFET driver circuit.
          The MOSFET itself isn't programmed, it's just a switch, the microcontroller that drives the MOSFET is programmed.

There are several different types of MOSFET driver for airsoft guns. The simplest just replace the trigger contacts, and don't need a microcontroller as they use the gun's electro-mechanical selector setup. The more complex ones use a microcontroller to provide different firing patterns such as semi-only, n-round bursts, etc. with the guns selector "permanently" set for full auto, as well as other functions.

The only way you'll know for sure is when you get it and look. If it's microcontroller-locked, you may be able to reprogram it or remove it.

Comment

Hmm, ok so if it's locked via a programmed MOSFET controller then it isn't easy to change
            Weapons of Choice:
            G&G SOC-16
            JG - AK47 tactical
            VFC Scar - L

Comment

No that's the easy one, usually you enter a set up mode on power up using trigger pulls.

What you may well see is manual work. The selector plate being cut etc. Then you'll need a new plate. Some people even remove the fire selector, and fill in the hole, then you have issues!

Comment

I have just glued a small piece of plastic onto the selector plate, just enough to restrict its travel to full auto ( star SL9) this can just be removed as long as you dont over do the superglue

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                  No that's the easy one, usually you enter a set up mode on power up using trigger pulls.
                  Unless it's locked to semi-only. Some are for legal reasons, and not changeable.

Comment

Mine is set to site limit and Neil from Zero One has fitted a bolt to stop the selector moving past single shot which didnt cost much no chance of any mistakes that way either. I mention this because I did manage to put it on full auto a couple of times as the Star SL-9 selector is not exactly precise and shooting someone on full auto at 420 fps from a few feet away tends to be frowned upon
                    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Yeh this is an SL9, aparantly the selector rotates to full auto but it only does semi, so sounds like a mosfet
                      Weapons of Choice:
                      G&G SOC-16
                      JG - AK47 tactical
                      VFC Scar - L

Comment

Something I found on Arnie's in the MOSFET thread;

Because we dont have auto, we have no need to have such a long trigger pull on our guns (The long contact travel is to clear the cutoff lever so that it can slip past when you switch into auto)

I shortened the contact travel to about 2mm which permanently locked the gun into semi (if you switched it to AUTO the gun wouldnt function as it would've lifted the contact out of the way of the trigger) and weakened the trigger spring considerably.

This is a setup i normally do on sniper-type weapons to give them a very light very short trigger pull, it also subsequently increases firing time.

Using high-speed gears but a high-torque motor to deal with the semi-auto vs full-auto issues, and the Mosfet.. makes a very very fast gun on semi
                        Someone with more experience could possibly enlighten us with pictures?

Comment

you shouldnt be shooting people from a few feet on semi only anyway!!! My site runs a minimum engagment of 25metres wouldnt play a site that didn't.

I use bolt to lock mine in place also.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

steveoz Find out more about steveoz
                          Working...
                          X