Gas mag question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas mag question

First let me start by saying that I've never owned/used a GBB gun for airsoft so forgive me if this is a stupid question - I'm just curious.

I know that many pistols out there now are using CO2 cartridges in their magazines, as well as there being others that use Green Gas. However, I've only ever seen rifle mags that use Green Gas/propane. My question is, why don't any GBB rifle magazines use CO2 cartridges? It's not because CO2 cartridges run out of gas faster than Green Gas mags do - I own a BB pistol (not for airsoft lol) that can get a good 80+ BBs out of it before it's empty.
    It can't be because they're too big either. If they can fit in a pistol mag, they can defintely fit in any M4 mag and they barely add any weight whatsoever.

Surely if GBB rifle mags were made that accepted CO2 cartridges, there'd be less down-time filling up mags with gas if you can re-use them two or three times. It just seems like common sense to me. The fact that you don't have to refill them as often seems like it would counteract the 'expensive' argument, and CO2 cartridges are fairly cheap as it is anyway.

Is there something I'm missing?

Re: Gas mag question

Originally posted by janash37 View Post
    Is there something I'm missing?
    Yes. You're missing the fact that quite a lot of GBBRs do have CO2 mags available. I have 8 for my WE L85A2, and I'm fairly sure all the similar platforms from WE at least (so M4s, SCARs, L85s) therefore have access to CO2 mags. However personally, as a big lover and collector of green gas operated pistols, I'd prefer green gas mags for my rifles too.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
      Yes. You're missing the fact that quite a lot of GBBRs do have CO2 mags available. I have 8 for my WE L85A2, and I'm fairly sure all the similar platforms from WE at least (so M4s, SCARs, L85s) therefore have access to CO2 mags. However personally, as a big lover and collector of green gas operated pistols, I'd prefer green gas mags for my rifles too.
      Oh right... I'll have to have a look around for these CO2 mags now that I know they actually exist! Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Well, as I'm sure you know, if Zeroone don't have them then they don't exist!

That said, Zeroone do stock the WE M4 style CO2 mags that will run in WE M4s, L85s and SCARs:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=7301

They've also got some MP5 ones for Umarex lines as well:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6068

Though I'm intrigued as to how you can get a CO2 caplet comfortably into an MP5 mag! Maybe the mags are larger than I remember, but I've sold all mine now so I can't check!
        102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

janash37 Find out more about janash37
        Working...
        X