Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do airsoft Galil rifles have 5.56mm or 7.62mm magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do airsoft Galil rifles have 5.56mm or 7.62mm magazines?

Odd question, but are the airsoft versions of the Galil rifle, specifically the SAR, based on the 5.56mm or 7.62mm calibre variants?

I'm looking to get one in the future and wondering what magpuls they take, as well as generally just how big the mags are.

I get the feeling it's 5.56mm due to the curved mags, but older AK mags are 7.62mm and curved, so just checking!

Thanks.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Do airsoft Galil rifles have 5.56mm or 7.62mm magazines?

It is standard NATO 5.56 however the mags are longer than m4's as IRL the galil takes 35 round mags as opposed to 30.

Oh and the ICS galils are lovely, own one looking at picking up another.
    Last edited by Hunter512; 28 June, 2013, 02:07.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Are the ICS a metal build like the King Arms?
      102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Yep ICS are all metal. Go ICS if you like the models they do, they have working selectors on the left hand side too unlike KA. I only bought the KA because they the shorter versions like the MAR.

Comment

im getting an m14 to vary my loadout and the mags are a 7.62 as opposed to the 5.56 M4 ive already got. which also means new mag puches. bugger.
          Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
            im getting an m14 to vary my loadout and the mags are a 7.62 as opposed to the 5.56 M4 ive already got. which also means new mag puches. bugger.
            Come see my WE M14 next time you are up... I've got it kicking out from the long building to the regeneration across to the grass...

Comment

im up on the 7th mate, im looking at using Daves M14 for the day as well becasue apaprently ive got serious man-love for the m14's right now
              Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Both ics and KA galil use proprietory mags, although I made normal cheap china AK mags work perfectly in my KA galil, just need to be clever and gentle with a dremel, this as far as I'm aware is not possible with the ics ones however
                And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

With that said any standard AK mags will run in the ICS Galil, admittedly there are no mids available yet for the ICS and I must admit that AK mags look wrong in it..
                  Originally posted by tackle
                  For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Zsasz View Post
                    im up on the 7th mate, im looking at using Daves M14 for the day as well becasue apaprently ive got serious man-love for the m14's right now

M14's all round then, just picked up a beaten up G&G M14 veteran for not a lot. Just got to strip a crappy camo paint job back to lovely wood.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                    Working...
                    X