stuck with my camelback:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck with my camelback:(

ok so i have the US camel back and i love it. i havent cleaned it since i got it (last year) and i have noticed that the tube is a slight green colour and the water tastes worst than it does when you first drink from it.
    i took the tube of and im not sure about how to take the valve control, tube, and head off.
    heres some pics.

Re: stuck with my camelback

pull./..........

Comment

Yup. Very very simple :p

Comment

Is it designed to come apart?

I would detach it from the main pipe, and remove the "bite" part, and then submerse it in some boiling water and a bit of fairy liquid, let it soak for a while and then give it a good swirl around to get in all the nooks and crannys.

Rinse through with some clean water, and that should work. You should clean your camel bak after every use really, also you must allow it to fully dry inside and do not store it with the main screwable lid shut, else that is when you will get bacteria growing in it, hence the greenish colour and crappy taste.

I have also heard that bicarbonate of soda is supposed to be good for cleaning it too.

HTH

Jonathan
        Trader Feedback

Comment

All toe connextions cane be pulled apart, you can also use the back os a table knife to help ease it apart if you need. they can be a bugger to put back though. Try getting a camelbak cleaning kit and cleaning tablets. It's what i use in all 3 of mine and they ahev been fine. Even after daily use and regular cleaning whilst on operations in the middle east

Comment

i know it sounds weird but i acctually used a rifle pull through on mine and it cleaned it a treat.
            theres always time for a brew!!!

Comment

I don't use these hydration packs anymore. Mine kept bursting.

I simply put a hard Lucozade bottle in the back of my armour. Lasts plenty and I refill it at the safe zone, plus it doesn't burst. Also means I get to carry gas in the same place.

Comment

so i should just pull the main bit off?
                what about the bity bit? i cant get that off. and how do i get to the tap?

Comment

I'd get some baby's bottle sterilising tablets, disolve them in water and squeeze them through. I did that with mine and it worked a treat.
                  sigpic

Comment

in hot water too. kills any s**t in the pipes
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 March, 2009, 06:58. Reason: language

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                      I'd get some baby's bottle sterilising tablets, disolve them in water and squeeze them through. I did that with mine and it worked a treat.
                      Thats what I did - Works brilliantly.

Comment

'Milton' tables is the name of the tablets you need used for baby sterilising.

I keep my bladder in the freezer between games, just empty it dry it - stick it in the freezer, stops any nasties

Comment

Originally posted by TEKNO View Post
                          'Milton' tables is the name of the tablets you need used for baby sterilising.
                          yup, there the ones.
                          I could remember what they were called before lol.

Bert.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                            Thats what I did - Works brilliantly.
                            Yep, Milton tablets or milton liquid - I've been using for years and it works for me 100%. You won't need to disassemble anything to clean your camelbak.
                            Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

I deliberately didn't use the Milton name, as they're so much more money than the equivalent from one of the supermarkets own brand ranges!
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                              Working...
                              X