impatient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impatient

Hi guys i just want to know if any of you are like me and can not wait for your new stuff to arrive after you have ordered it but then you have to pop out for 5 mins and you miss the dam postie so when you get home you find that little red card on the floor saying you have missed him/her and now you have to wait another 24hours before getting your nice shiny new gear. I know im not the only impatient person when it comes to having stuff delivered but 24hours is to long i remember the days when it was only an few hours wait before picking it up from the sorting office

I just want my new toys

Ive actually chased the postie down before haha
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: impatient

Both of these things have happened to me before.

After waiting all day, nipped out for literally 5 minutes to put a lottery ticket on...Red card through the letterbox. Knock on door, walk downstairs and there's the postie walking away 3 seconds later! I ran out into the road, screaming like a madman!
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I did say to miss when we got back as i left the street the little red van pulled in i did think about hunting him down but the miss said it was sad so now i have to wait to lunch time tomorrow to get it i just want to my shine new stuff

Comment

I'm lucky as I live in a small town, 5 mins from the sorting office where I can pick up my parcel after a couple hours.

What annoys me is when they put the red card through the door without even knocking....the amount of times that's happened to me is rediculous. I've even caught them red handed a couple times!

Comment

Most anoying one I've had was ordering gas - ordered it on a Thursday on next day delivery, safe to say it didn't turn up till 10 minutes after I had left for a skirmish on the Saturday ¬_¬

I'm also currently ordering a gun from Denmark and for whatever reason it takes the shop a good 2 days to reply to each email, I'm pretty much sat here every day pressing refresh waiting for the next email to come through, wanty now!

Comment

Your lucky you got a card. When i used to live in Leicester (not a great area of it) My postie left my M60 on the doorstep and forged my signature. Luckily an old lady across the road picked it up for me from under the noses of some scumbag chavs.

Martin
              If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

i have had that its like they think you have seen them coming so they don,t bang on the door. i have had the postie that was in a rush before and had the card written out before getting to my door to knock just posted that little red card

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  Ive actually chased the postie down before haha
                  I do this on a regular basis! haha
                  sigpic

Comment

My postie is great, he takes my stuff home if i'm out and drops them around later

I had a courier put a note through the door without even knocking, They argued the toss that they knocked but shut the hell up when i told them 10 Dogs were proof they never knocked.

Comment

i think they should have to redeliver at the end off the round so i don,t have to wait till the next day

Comment

You ever done a shift with Royal Mail?

It's a long enough day as it is without having to worry about trying to redeliver to people who weren't in when the attempt to deliver was made. Its not their fault you weren't available to accept the package (and not necessarily yours but the postie is in no way responsible).

If you miss them, wait. Its not a big deal.
                        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Get a dog... I am warned of the postman's arrival at least 5 minutes before he knocks on the door and the postman knows when I'm in as he can hear me shouting "Shut the F**k up" at the dog... Win-Win

Comment

Also, if you are lucky and have nice people working the sorting office you might be able to pick it up the same day. I did that with a package I got just before Christmas (I have no way of accepting parcels as delivery is always before 10 and they'd only deliver to the pub downstairs which is never open that early).

Then again that was a Special Delivery so gets different priority too.
                            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

normal parcel procedure pour moi - bare in mind my house is the first one on our road, so the first stop for the postie, usually about 6-7am.

me deep asleep, not expecting parcel until the next day... a knock on the front door at exactly the right frequency to trigger my internal "parcel alarm" - i instantly leap out of bed, fly out of the room in just my boxers, grab my dressing gown on the way past the bathroom, launch myself across the hall and down the stairs, howling "Just a secooooooonnnd!!!" like a screaming banshee, i can see the post-lady on the other side of the frosted glass at the front door, the red bag and blue shirt, attack the door handle like a rabid dog, realise its locked, swear loudly, mad supermarket-sweep round the kitchen looking for the "F**KING KEYS!!", ram the key into the door, it wont turn, its the wrong key, next key on the loop, it turns, i fling the door open like Jesus emerging from behind the stone of his tomb on easter sunday, postie is gone ("NOOOOO!"), I EXPLODE OUT THE DOOR IN BARE FEET, UNTIED DRESSING GOWN AND BOXERS, see her nearly at the bottom of the drive, HURTLE after her, dressing gown flailing behind me, dodging stones on the driveway in my bare feet "WAIT! Wait! I'm here!", she stops, turns, tuts loudly, hands me my measly package covered in hongkong/taiwan/chinese postage stamps, i drag my pen-equipped hand across her clipboard, she storms off in disgust, i hobble back up the drive, clutching my package like a new-born child, wrapping it inside my dressing gown and looking about furtively in case any of the neighbours saw this little drama occuring, my driveway is alot more painful to walk back up in barefeet now the adrenaline has faded. I get back in bed and usually leave the parcel on the pillow next to me as i go back to sleep for a while, so i can wake up next to it like a new lover or a christmas present. Which i then attack with a stanley knife after breakfast
                              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team
                              "I love this sport because after you've shot the same guy in the head 5 times in one game, you'll still walk over and laughingly shake hands like old friends at the end of it"
                              www.youtube.com/user/RoguePlank/videos

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stuar141 my name is Stuart i live in Banbury i have 3 great kids and lovley women who looks after us all. I run my own mobile car valeting business Find out more about stuar141
                              Working...
                              X