Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted threads??

Hi guys,

Just wondering if it is possible to delete a thread topic, as the one i had replied to has vanished!?

It was by Stealth1911, selling his G&P M653, i have now paid for the gun, and waiting for delivery, but cannot go back to the original thread as it is missing!?

I have sent Stealth1911 a message, but i haven't had a reply yet so in the mean time i am asking you lot, anyone else notice posts go wandering occasionally?

Cheers,

Jonathan
    Trader Feedback

Re: Deleted threads??

stealth is a very good seller and can be trusted but...... MoDs why delete a sale topic before the trade/deal and been done ! your leaving it very open for kiddys pulling cons
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

As far as I know a thread isn't actually deleted, we can't view it anymore but it's still saved. I may be wrong but I'm sure thats whats done.

Comment

Yeah, not that i have any worries but bought a m249 of 06clone, felt like going back to the thread and having another peak at my purchase and it dissapears. Slightly lost on why it left but not matter i suppose. It does have its risks i reckon, we just all need to be that careful
        Current Armoury
        TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

I think somewhere they said they delete threads after two weeks in the for sale section - i could be wrong though. Just remember something like that from somewhere....

Try going into your 'Statisticts', then 'All my posts' , and go from there. You might find it that way, or visit Stealth's page and do it on hs account, i'm not sure if this will work but its definatley worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
            stealth is a very good seller and can be trusted but...... MoDs why delete a sale topic before the trade/deal and been done ! your leaving it very open for kiddys pulling cons

Please don't post something like that before you know all the facts..

1. The last post in the thread said SOLD, so it was removed... so many sellers do not get round to asking us to Delete the Thread and so when we see something like SOLD or THIS IS GONE, it is taken as a remove request, it helps to prevent anymore posts to the thread.

2. Chowder Head you are quite correct sir the post are only Deleted from the main Forum, they are stored in a very secret location, surrounded by armed guards, and can be accessed my mods and Admin and can be moved back, Krazy I think you will find it on the 2nd or 3rd page of AEG's for sale. So No we are not leaving it open to "Kiddys pulling Cons".

3. As a trial, Sales threads will be locked after a "This is Sold" type post but not removed for 2 weeks.

Thanks Sci Fi Steve
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 March, 2009, 08:32. Reason: page number

Comment

Would it be worth considering not closing the thread until the buyer has also had a chance to post that the item has been received and is a happy chappie?
              Running out of places to hide stuff from the wife

Comment

Not really closing a thread stops it being bumped up by people posting even after it has been sold.

Comment

Fair point, though having been in what sounds like the same position where I've bought something from someone I've never traded with before only to go back next day to (not) find the thread and it does throw you a bit of a curve ball.
                  I know 99% of all the guy's 'n gals who buy and sell on here are honest but there's always going to be some chancers.
                  Could the thread be closed but PM the buyer before removing it? Appreciate that just adds to the work load though.

Comment

Have been asked just to lock it, then remove after 2 weeks if there has been no request to reopen.
                    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 March, 2009, 08:46.

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks for putting it back in the main "pool", but i do agree with DaveB2, i think the threads should go after the buyer has posted an "Item arrived safe and sound" post.

Keep up the good work!

JB
                      Trader Feedback

Comment

Seconded - thanks to the team for taking the time and trouble to keep the place running and tidy.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

krazy_horse Find out more about krazy_horse
                        Working...
                        X