Tan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tan

Can someone please tell me why on earth tan guns and camo are so popular? I can't stand it my self and don't understand why people use it? Cqb/indoor it sticks out like a sore thumb, woodland the same...

Kind of a rant, but it just confuses me.

Re: Tan

Desert environments????

PMC type of stuff????

Because they like it????

Comment

I think at least some of it comes down to current real world trends. because the bulk of the current military ops are in sandy, arid areas (afgan, iraq) those sorts of colors are in heavy use, and this is reflected in the gear that's sold commercially.
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Tan/desert camo can look pretty sexy.

Tan guns?

Fucking vile looking things. Especially G36s... or worse M4's with random bits of tan fagpul stuck on them!

Comment

I must say i finf tan and multicam blend in well in woodland environment.
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Because its the sort of thing that is currently being used in Afghanistan and is "tacticool", A lot of people don't actually bother using their camo properly and the thought of getting it dirty is out of the question - Its more about the looks than being a glowing yellow man running around, Airsoft is just a fashion show for some :P

If used properly it can be useful as im sure somebody will post about soon but there are a lot of people who just wear too much tan and stand out.

Comment

Tan actually can be very effective in a woodland environment, unless there is lots of low foliage it blends well with dry leaves and bark colors.

Black is less effective in woodland but a long way. And indoors, green is no better than tan. Field-craft skills are more important than the colour of the rig you wear.

Comment

I tell you what's worse than tan... BLUE... God, I hate that stuff.

Comment

I wear tan, I wear it because its a little different over here. I'm not really that fond of any other types of camo. I only really like tan or a-tacs. It also works well in some of the places I play. Plus the part I love the most is that for some reason it annoys some people. Like you Mr....ProPain.
                  Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

I hate blue too. Love pink though, pink is alright........

Comment

The odd bit of tan I can kind of get, but it's when there the guys who look like they got lost on the way to afghan, with every bit of kit in tan. I can understand blue in urban, going for the SWAT look. Not in woodland tho

Comment

I can say in all honestly that i played on Saturday in a Hawaiian shirt - as did a few of my buddies.

Choose your cover correctly and you can play dressed as Bobo the clown if you like.

Comment

I use Coyote Brown for my Load Carrying Equipment, I think it contrasts well with the greens of my current camo (Clawgear SOCOM, so almost AOR2). And well, it'll look boss with the Tri-colour I intend on picking up as well.

Also, some units/guys don't try to hide, when you're breaching that room fast as anything it doesn't matter what you're wearing.
                          "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                          Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Didn't someone play a game day in a lime green mankini? THAT is worse than tan.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't someone play a game day in a lime green mankini? THAT is worse than tan.
                            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

couple of tan bits never hurt anybody i love my rig and retention holster!
                              Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ProPain Find out more about ProPain
                              Working...
                              X