Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M14 DMR - Yay or Nay?

Hopefully looking at making this my first purchase when I get my UKARA

Any thoughts on it? Is it worth the money? Is it any good? Insight would be helpful.

Cheers.

FPSEngland
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Re: G&P M14 DMR - Yay or Nay?

Nay.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
      Nay.
      Why nay?
      The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post
        Why nay?
        Hang about. The thread title suggests that you're looking for a one word response?

Yay, or Nay.

I say "Nay."
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

i knew a horse that would nay, & he wouldnt buy a g&p m14 either.

Comment

Hang about. The thread title suggests that you're looking for a one word response?

Yay, or Nay.

I say "Nay."
            The thread content suggests.. Oh never mind. :p

Comment

Be careful with what you say when BAMF is about, you never know what he'll say next if you give him the opportunity

But on a *slightly* more serious note, I wouldn't mind a G&P M14 DMR myself, with a sand/tan stock, plus a RIS/RAS (depending on what you prefer to refer to a railed front end as), handguard with KAC trademarks on it.

Word of caution though, an M14 AEG is not a lightweight option, to say the least, but carrying one around a site all day long, will give you one heck of a workout, that's for sure!!
              Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Not to mention the OP is a U18 whos been breaking the law for god knows how long. Not to mention the two tone systema BS thread... Lolz

Comment

Originally posted by L3w151988 View Post
                  Be careful with what you say when BAMF is about, you never know what he'll say next if you give him the opportunity
                  Hey! I resemble that remark.

Comment

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Exactly (and I thought I was bad for resembling that remark...oh darn, the cat's out of the bag :-$ )
                    Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Thanks Blytm, was trying not to bring that up. I am making an attempt not to be a prick this time around, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

But on a *slightly* more serious note, I wouldn't mind a G&P M14 DMR myself, with a sand/tan stock, plus a RIS/RAS (depending on what you prefer to refer to a railed front end as), handguard with KAC trademarks on it.

Word of caution though, an M14 AEG is not a lightweight option, to say the least, but carrying one around a site all day long, will give you one heck of a workout, that's for sure!!
                      Mm. I was reading it weighs close to 10lbs with all the kit on. So that plus mags, sidearm, mags and the like would be straining. Oh well, guess I won't have to renew my gym membership next year. ;P

Comment

He doesn't lie.
                        You need to be a strong chap to carry an M14 around.
                        I am not a strong chap, I end up sitting around in ditches.
                        Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                        Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

seriously though, if m14 is the route you want to take, start with a bog standard tm m14, or maybe the socom model, both considerably lighter than the ebr or rizzed up models, yet their very good straight out of the box, range/accuracy etc, & maybe "explore" the dmr role before committing to it.

Comment

I'm a DMR user currently, using an M4/16 spiffed up to look like an SR25 (Poor mans SR25 :P) so I'm not sure what difference an M14 DMR-type rifle would make. I'm unsure how much my rifle weighs, but I'd bet on it being at least 7-8lbs. And, if anything, that stock looks awesome. I want it.

Comment

ultimately, they all do the same, literally..............the rifle model is largely cosmetic, esp if your buying from a quality manufacturer, hence why i mentioned TM.
                              much of the success you'll have as a DMR will come down to how well your rifle of choice is set up, hop being the biggest issue usually.
                              i'd still say go with a bog standard old skool m14, you already have an m4 derivative, as they say a change is as good as a rest.
                              before you part with any money, is there anybody at your regular site running an m14 that maybe you could borrow mid game for an hour or two, much better to decide if you get on with it & are comfortable before blowing your wad............wish i'd done that before buying my old m60, just thinking about it makes my discs ache
                              only downside is the golden rule of borrowing guns, "if you bend it, you mend it"
                              i haven't checked your profile, i'm assuming your armoury is fairly limited, if you already have a long DMR dedicated m4 rifle, you might be better thinking about a short cqb m4 type aeg, you'll have mag/vest compatibility & have a choice guns suited for most scenario's as well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FPSEngland Airsofter, Music Producer, Semi-Professional Gamer. I'm boring, you see. Find out more about FPSEngland
                              Working...
                              X