WE XDM - Gas BB's and holsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WE XDM - Gas BB's and holsters

PTFE itself isn't, but the majority of teflon greases I found were general purpose greases (that eat orings) with added teflon. Paintball marker lube probably is the best thing then!
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Its arguments like this that are the reason I just hose my pistol in aerosol silicon lube and turn the hop off.

I know it's not the most precise or best approach but everyone uses silicon. It's cheap and easily available at any hardware store like Halfords. And as you experts have repeatedly said - it has a very low friction coefficient.

Never had a jam and get about 40 shots from one mag fill of gas, and I know its not going to damage the gun.

At the ranges where I'm going to draw my pistol, hop and range is not my main concern, only the round going straight and hitting hard. Hence why I turn off the unreliable hop.

The amount of dust and dirt that my pistol gathers on a normal game day, I would spend a fortune cleaning and re-lubing all the little parts every time with special greases and oils.

Easier to just carpet-bomb with something that works and give it a wipe down.

This is just my opinion and the same one that your average skirmisher probably takes.

You guys obviously treat your pistols as precision instruments (I know Dave's is a work of art) whereas mine is normally only used as a backup cannon and for cqb. But I know its going to work every time.
      "I love this sport because after you've shot the same guy in the head 5 times in one game, you'll still walk over and laughingly shake hands like old friends at the end of it"
      www.youtube.com/user/RoguePlank/videos

Comment

Originally posted by RoguePlank View Post
        Its arguments like this that are the reason I just hose my pistol in aerosol silicon lube and turn the hop off.
        The aerosol silicon is only really good for a quick fix and I wouldn't use it for long term maintenance as its not 100% silicon as they obviously add gas to make it aerosol.

It's good to have a can of it in your kit bag but I would recommend using a silicon dropper bottle that you can get for a couple of quid from any decent airsoft store.
        sigpic

Comment

I have also found (as have others) that silicone is not that good for metal on metal areas, hence me not using it on pistols :P

Sent from outer space

Comment

Originally posted by RoguePlank View Post
            I think you mean rational discussions

Silicon spray is good for all round applications, it also soaks up grease and dirt so it's a pretty damn effective de-greaser (as long as you don't mind everything being covered in lube).

Silicon grease would be alright for metal on metal applications, but the Lurker Lube with PTFE feels so much more slick and it smells of pear drops too.

The only places I use silicon spray is areas which require non metal parts to move fast, such as the blow back housing in the glock. I put grease in there and it just gunked it up, so it is now one of the few places that receives a quick spray of it on my Glock 17.

With that said, every time I've had a leaking mag, opening it up and blasting some aerosol silicon down it has fixed the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RedHawk View Post
              and it smells of pear drops too.

ARGUMENT SETTLED! WHERE DO I BUY SOME RIGHT NOW!

Seriously though, simplest solution = best.

(silicon ist am bestest loob evar. sez your mum.)
              "I love this sport because after you've shot the same guy in the head 5 times in one game, you'll still walk over and laughingly shake hands like old friends at the end of it"
              www.youtube.com/user/RoguePlank/videos

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BioShocked Find out more about BioShocked
              Working...
              X