This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea to authenticate a sale.

Why not have the seller video themselves packaging the item, then posting it? That might be a decent way of confirming whether a seller is legit; did it for a buyer today, actually.

EDIT - Am I just thinking stupid here?
    Originally posted by FPSEngland
    The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Re: An idea to authenticate a sale.

Can't see it taking off, maybe ask for a personal picture where they can write your name on a piece of paper and then take a picture...
    If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Yeah, but then there's the issue of whether or not they actually post the item. It's too easy writing someone's name next to an item then just never posting it.
      The Ares L86 LSW is essentially an L85 with a well endowed barrel, having the external barrel length of an M16, and the internal barrel length of Canada.

Comment

They could do all that, but what stops them not posting it!

If there gonna scam they wont care about feedback because they'll delete there account after a few scams anyhow.
        If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

Fubar has the same idea I have

With RIFs, I ask sellers to pm me a pic of it, on top of a recent newspaper with my name written down on a bit of paper
          May sound excessive, but defeats a scammer who's using stock images of RIFs they're selling that they don't have

Comment

True, but I actually filmed myself putting the parcel in the postbox. Might seem stupid, but peace of mind for the buyer...

Comment

Unfortunately its all down to trust and common sense at the end of the day, if its s two post wonder with a deal to good to be true walk away.
              "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
              Life in the fast lane........
              sigpic

Comment

Id say take a pic, with a bit of paper saying the date and the sellers username..... put it next to the gun thats being sold, shows its yours... maybe even put that days paper there?!?!
                FOR SALE
                7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

what about a picture of Pat and Jess driving off with it in there bright reg van....i've sent it....

pat_1201895c.jpg
                  The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

How about: always ask for pics, always use paypal, and always use commercial option (seller pays fees). Yet to fail me.

Comment

Initially, this might seem like a bit of a daft question, but how is the OP able to sell any packages in the first place?

I only ask as poor Johnnylovegrove had a dog's life after it was found he was operating a PayPal account while under 18. That's actually a breach of their terms and conditions, as U18s aren't allowed to buy or sell using PayPal.

Some might think this a little harsh, but the OP has already shown a disregard for the law (Hence the U18 tag) and that's why people get a bit cheesed off with kids spoiling things for everybody else.

Just curious?
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I wouldn't know what to wear.......
                        Read the feedback and paypal......

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                          Initially, this might seem like a bit of a daft question, but how is the OP able to sell any packages in the first place?

I only ask as poor Johnnylovegrove had a dog's life after it was found he was operating a PayPal account while under 18. That's actually a breach of their terms and conditions, as U18s aren't allowed to buy or sell using PayPal.

Some might think this a little harsh, but the OP has already shown a disregard for the law (Hence the U18 tag) and that's why people get a bit cheesed off with kids spoiling things for everybody else.

Just curious?
                          I don't own a paypal account, BAMF. I use a friend's, and he pays me what I make from selling on various sites in cash.

Comment

Originally posted by FPSEngland View Post
                            I don't own a paypal account, BAMF. I use a friend's, and he pays me what I make from selling on various sites in cash.
                            That's as good an excuse as any other I've heard. Does your "Friend" know he's also in breach of the T's and C's by allowing you, a third party to use his account?
                            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I was not aware, no.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FPSEngland Airsofter, Music Producer, Semi-Professional Gamer. I'm boring, you see. Find out more about FPSEngland
                              Working...
                              X